Saturday, August 22, 2015

Masculine Christmas Tag


 Today I designed a Christmas tag that I think will look great on a masculine Christmas gift.  (I know the tag looks crooked in the picture but I chose the photo that shows the details on the tag best -- the tag is not crooked.)  I used the new ECD Tags & More 9 Sparkle dies for the tag.  I used some of the die cut circles from this tag to create an embossed background (glued the die cut dots to tag).  At the top of the tag I added some of the Garden Notes Whitepine Bough & Pine Cone die cuts.  The sentiment is one of The Way With Words sentiments by Quietfire.


 I used Susan's CountryScapes Critters 3 dies for the Deer, and a branch from the CountryScapes Woods 1 die set.  You can see the deer die cut on the left, and the branch I used for antlers for the deer is the one on the bottom right.  I thought it would be fun to create a buck since I could use one of the branches for his rack.  Just another way to great creative with the CountryScape dies!!!!

The tree was created using 4 die cut layers of the CountryScape Woods 1 die.  Along the bottom I cut card stock to create "grounding" for both the tree and the deer.






I receive a lot of requests asking about the card stock I use for my flowers and other die cuts.  I purchase the above pictured card stock from WalMart and use it for probably 90% of my die cuts.  It shapes very well, especially for flowers/leaves. I like to color most of my die cuts with either Susan's Pan Pastels or Distress Inks, so that is why I use white card stock. The cost is less than $6.

The following items can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:

1091 Whitepine Bough & Pinecone (coming soon)


6 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your tag is beautiful, Selma. I think it would be great for either gender. I know I'd love to see it on my gift!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, this is gorgeous and I can think of many guys that would love it!

June Ballenger said...

Hi Selma

I love this tag. I am always looking for new ways to make tags. Lovely tags make gifts look special.

June x

Mihaela said...

Very beautiful work, Selma!!!

Quietfire said...

This is simply lovely!

Dorina D said...

Nice job and the perfect tag for any male! Great job

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails