Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Country Scene with Foxes

Hello Friends. Today is an exciting day for me.   It has been a long six weeks;  I can finally get back to my craftroom to design.  Today I have a card that was inspired by a picture of a fox Els Van de Burgt, owner of Elizabeth Craft Designs, posted on Facebook  It was so fun to create this scene with Susan's dies.

This is a picture of a fox that has a den in the rocks behind Els house in Pine, Colorado.  Susan has a fox die in her CountryScapes - Critters 2 die set that was perfect to create this card.

I used a variety of Susan's other dies too,  to complete this scene.  The purple rhododendron is from the CountryScapes Mini Botanicals.  The butterfly is from the Garden Notes - Bugs & Butterflies.  The birds are from the CountryScapes - Critters 2.  Two different dies were used for grass; CountryScapes - Woods 2 and CountryScapes - Backyard 1.  The birdhouse is also from CountryScapes - Woods 2.  The tiny yellow, pink, purple and red flowers were die cut  using the CountryScapes - Backyard 2 set were glued to stems from the CountryScapes - Country Flora 1 dies.  


I love the tree from the CountryScapes - The Woods 1 die set; you can create many different types of trees with it.    I used two die cut trees and a few die cut branches from this set, on my card.   This set comes with individual leaves that you individually glue on.  Since it is summertime, I wanted to have a tree that was filled with leaves, so I used the leaf dies below, in order to create a nice shade tree. 

The Garden patch - 7/8-inch & Mini Leaves die set has a variety of leaves.  The leaves I used are shown on the bottom of the magnetic sheet of dies on the right side of this picture. These leaves a very similar to the leaf in the tree die set, but include six little leaves on each die cut.  This leaf saved a lot of time gluing on  leaves.  It was easy to die cut a lot of leaves because I used 80 lb pound card stock so I was able to place the two leaf dies  to two layers of card stock.  The leaves were then layered (glued) over each branch of the tree. 

To finish off the card, I used ECD corner stickers.

Thank you for stopping by.

Links to products used from Elizabeth Craft Designs:



10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful card!

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is so beautiful ...you must have pt in hours of hard work to make this beauty...It is fit to be framed as a work of art...Love it Selma
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Cheryl W said...

That's an amazing scene, Selma. I'm in awe!

Anonymous said...

welcome back. Hope you are well and pain free. I missed your lovely creations.

Glenda said...

This is absolutely stunning! I have to apologize to you this morning...I did a box on my blog and the side of the box was inspired by one you did a long time ago. I had forgotten where I saw the idea and did not give you credit. I'm so sorry and will go back and give credit where credit is due. You have always been such a great inspiration and I sure don't want to not give you credit. Glad you are doing better!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, This scene is fabulous and you did a great job bringing the outside--in.

Anonymous said...

Selma this is amazing. I would love to create such a gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing how to add a lot of leaves to the tree. The little foxes look so real. I am so happy you are better as I have really missed seeing your work.

Hugs,
Sheila

Suzzette Yandle said...

Awesome card with an amazing scene that you composed so well. Excecuting a scene like this is a real challenge for me - lots of elements in such a tiny space. I can appreciate the incredible time you spent on creating this card! Thank you for sharing. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma,

I love your card. It is beautiful. I am so happy for you that you can go to your craftroom again.

Looking forward to all your new creations.

hugs,
Erna

Chrissy said...

Such a fabulous scene Selma...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails