Monday, June 15, 2015

Country Scapes PopUp Card

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-1 
Today is my turn as a designer on Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team to post a project on the Elizabeth Craft Design Blog.   My project is a Popup card I decorated with Susan's CountryScapes Mini Botanicals - Hollyhock, CountryScapes -Critters 2, and CountryScapes - Woods 2 dies.  

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-4 
Susan's Hollyhock is only 4 inches tall and fits so well on any card or project.  These flowers come in a variety of colors so you can create a garden of many colors of hollyhocks.  For my card today, I chose to use the deep burgundy flowers.   Susan has a great variety of CountryScapes dies to help create beautiful scenes around your flowers.  I used the birdhouse and grass from the CountryScapes - Woods 2 die set on the right side of the card.  The cute little birds were die cut from the CountryScapes - Critters 2 set.

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-2
I wanted to create a dimensional card for the Hollyhocks so decided to use the Lorna Label PopUp dies.  I know, you usually see a PopUp on the inside of the card,  but I wanted to be different

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-3
When this card is standing open, it measures 5 1/2 inches by 4 inches.  When it is closed flat, it measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches, so it will be easy to mail.

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-tut1
To create the card, I started with a piece of card stock measuring 5 1/2 inches by 11 inches.  It was scored down the center at 5 1/2 inches and 1 1/2 inches from each end.  Once scored, you fold the card in half creating a mountain fold (when open) and a valley fold at each end.

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-tut2
To create the popup, I cut a piece of card stock 5 1/2 inches square.  It was scored 1 1/2 inches from one end.  The little tabs on the Lorna Label PopUp die were placed right on the score line and put through the die cutting machine.  When all the score lines are pressed out, it will look like this.

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-tut3
The Hollyhocks I used are a deep burgundy color, so  I used the same card stock to create a burgundy label.  You use the same popup die and cut out the label, from the die cut piece.  It was glued to the popup I used on the front of the card.

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-tut4
Use the two smaller label dies in this die set to cut a smaller label with the stitch lines - that inside die does not cut a label but it creates stitch lines.   I die cut the sentiment from the Hello sentiment die, in black, and glued it to the label.

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-tut5
This picture shows the base card and the die cut Popup before assembly.

CS-Hollyhock-Popup-tut6
The PopUp was glued to the base card then decorated with Susan's Hollyhock and CountryScapes dies. (Oops!  I see I didn't press the side down well when gluing together before I took the picture.)

I hope I have inspired you to create something pretty with Susan's new Hollyhock and Country Scapes dies.

Supplies:

Other Supplies
White Card Stock
Copic Markers
Glue
Dimensional Tape


5 comments:

Glenda said...

I'm loving this fancy fold you did for your card as well as those pretty flowers! They look like you could just smell the sweet scents!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, This is great and your explanation of how you made it is SOOO appreciated!
Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma,

What a good idea to put the pop up on the outside. We don't have the Lorna label pop up over here. Never heard of it.
I love the flowers I think I'll buy them too. The white one is beautiful with the pink heart.
How is your foot today? Only one more week to go?

Love,

Erna


Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing the pop-up card. I've wanted to make one for over a year, and with your dimensions and sample, I have something to logically try. Thank you again. Laurie Snelson

Nancy Jensen said...

Oh boy, now I HAVE to have the hollyhock die. My grandmother taught me how to make hollyhock dolls out of the many flowers that grew in her garden. That's one of the nice memories that I have of my grandmother.

Love all your designs, Selma. Keep on creating! They're gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails