Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Susan's Garden Rose 1




Today is going to be my last post for a while. I want to let you know what is happening so you don't wonder why you are not receiving new updates from me.    I am going in this morning to have surgery on my foot.  I have been trying everything, for months to avoid surgery, but the only way to get rid of the pain is to have a torn tendon repaired.  I will need to be completely off my foot for six weeks.  My craft room is upstairs and this would be hard for me to maneuver, so will not be designing for a while.    I do have my two Susan's Design Team projects scheduled to post while I am recovering -  the first one on May 18 and the next one June 15.  I hope you will be back to see these projects. 

 


My card today was designed using Susan's Garden Rose 1 dies.  This is the largest rose in her collection from Elizabeth Craft Designs, measuring approximately 2 1/2" wide. 



 The sentiment is one of Susan's new sentiment stamps (The Butterfly is Proof).   The pink die cut Butterfly is the ECD Small Butterfly.  The background is a piece of pearlized lavender card stock that was embossed with the ECD Damask embossing folder.  This is a 6"x6" card.  I placed the embossing folder in the center of the 6x6 inch card stock to emboss, then cut strips of matching card stock and glued along the top and bottom edges of the embossed design.  Pearls were added to complete the card.

I am really going to miss my days in my craft room, but I'll be back as soon as possible.

The following products can  be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:



14 comments:

Rozy said...

We will certainly miss you. Good luck with your surgery and hurry back!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Will be praying for a speedy recovery!

Cheryl W said...

So sorry you have to go through surgery, but hopefully it will remedy your problem. I wish you all the best and the speediest of recoveries. Your card today is really lovely. That rose looks amazing.

Glenda said...

Sending you wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery. Now do as the doctor asks and stay off it for goodness sake! See you when you return!

Rita said...

Hello dear Selma. Sorry to hear about your foot operation , but it sounds as if it has to be done. Take care and we will watch for your return. Love your rose card. This is still one of my favourite roses. Hugs Rita xxxx

Anne Harada said...

Selma take care of your health first! Your gallery of cards you have already posted are worthy of revisiting so that will tide me over until you return! No shortage of inspiration there!! The rose on this card is stunning!! God Bless and God speed your recovery!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Amazing! I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and am hoping for the results that will ease your pain- finally! Selma- Feel better soon!

Enigma Artist said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Eleanor Jenkins said...

We will miss you while you are recovering! I hope the surgery went well and am wishing you a speedy recovery. Love your flowers and all of the cards you make. Take it easy and you will be back before you know it!!
Eleanor

Linda B said...

So sorry for your pain. My craft room is also on 2nd floor so know what a struggle that is. Praying for a quick recovery for you. Love your designs!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your surgery to go well and for your full recovery, Selma.

Hugs,
Debi

Anonymous said...


Take care and have a speedy recovery! You will be missed!

Judi Argento

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Selma. I wish you an unhampered recovery and good help. Time will fly, as it does, and you'll be back in no time. God Bless.
Barbara Beeton

Anonymous said...

Have a speedy recovery. As you start felling better you will come up with very inventive ways to stay off your feet and still accomplish what you want. Will miss seeing your beautiful cards.
Betty Nehus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails