Friday, November 21, 2014

Susan's Garden Southern Magnolia

 I am so excited to show you the new Susan's Garden Southern Magnolia.  Doesn't it look real!!!   

This is a picture of the package of Susan's Garden Southern Magnolia dies.

 I wanted to see a closeup of the stamen in the Southern Magnolia to see exactly how it was shaped.  I found this picture on the Internet. 

 Susan has a video at this LINK showing you how to assemble the magnolia.  I love Susan's tips on creating very realistic leaves.  Be sure to check that out!

I followed Susan's directions on assembling the magnolia except for the stamen.  I looked at the picture I found on the Internet and tried to create the stamen very similar to the one in that picture.  I used three of her stamen die cuts.  I don't have time to do a tutorial right now, but if you leave a comment below and let me know if you are interested, I will do a post later with a tutorial.

I had asked Susan last Spring if she was going to have dies to create a magnolia and knew the dies for this gorgeous flower would be out this Fall.  When I received my package of new dies, this was the first flower I wanted to create.  Susan's flower dies always create such gorgeous and realistic flowers.  I know you will love creating this flower and all the other new ones in this collection.  I will continue posting the new flowers as I have time.  My husband will be in the hospital about one more week then I will have time to devote much more time doing my favorite thing -- creating flowers!

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Rita said...

Hi Selma, what a beautiful Magnolia. It looks so real. Hugs Rita xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma. This flower is gorgeous, as all your flowers are.
I sure would like a tutorial on this
flower. Especially for the stamen.
Thank you for sharing.
Margarethe

Robin said...

Selma - Your posts always brighten my day. What a lovely Magnolia. We should all be enjoying a mint julep while looking a this gorgeous flower. When you have a moment it would great to see your tutorial. Bless your heart!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Id love to see how you created the stamen specifically and how you made the leaves glossy

Anonymous said...

would love a video . hope for a quick recovery for your husband...blessings, Angela

Anonymous said...

This is very beautiful.

Pat Montgomery

Isabel said...

Yes, I would love to see a video on how you made this flower as I too love flowers.
Thanks.

Creating Ria's Way said...

Anmaria

Hi Selma,
Please do a tutorial on the stamen.
Starting Christmas Cards for next year and thought that this would be the perfect card to make for my family and friends that live in New England.
We moved into a complex N. Ft. Myers FL. that has rows of Magnolia trees lining the Blvd.
Thank You,
Merry Christmas to all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails