Monday, October 13, 2014

Putting new Glue to the Test and a Special Offer


Good Morning. I know you like to hear about products I love to use and I have a new glue I would like to share with you. Be sure to read below for a special offer. The name of the glue is Ivy Hollow, ScrapFusion. The project I designed today was created using  ScrapFusion glue.  There are a variety of items glued to this box - flowers created with Susan's Garden dies and ScrapFusion Glue, laser cut pieces, die cuts, lace trim, cheese cloth and a button.  I designed this box a few days ago, so the items are thoroughly dry.  Everything is glued down solid; I have no fear anything will fall off.

Let me tell you a little bit about this glue.  Ivy Hollow Publishing is a little company, in northern Wisconsin, that Doug and Meegan operate out of their home.  Doug is a high school science teacher and before becoming a teacher, he spent 25 years working as a chemist in the printing/binding industry.  This is where Doug got his expertise with glue.  Below is a picture of the variety glue package.  You can purchase these glues as a package or individually. Doug packaged the bottles with three different applicator tops; a spout top, a dauber top which allows the glue to be applied in a half inch wide band, and a needle top which permits precision application of the glue onto small die cuts such as doilies, flourishes, gluing base of petals to form flowers, and alphabets.  When you order the variety pack, you also receive an 8-ounce refill bottle. 

 Variety Pack

ScrapFusion is perfect for card markers and scrapbookers.  This glue is archival.  It is pH neutral and is permanent.  Once it is dry, it is not removable but stays flexible, never becoming brittle.  Items will not pop off.  The paper won't wrinkle when layering design paper or card stock together. This glue is color safe and is resistant to bleeding with water.  

  
 I have created a lot of flowers with this glue and love using the needle top bottle because I can put just a small dot of glue to adhere petals. You can see the small amount of glue, in the picture above, that I used in assembling the flower I posted yesterday. I love this glue because it does not make my fingers sticky, when you lay the needle point bottle on its side the glue doesn't leak out (a big plus for me!) and you can dispense just the perfect amount of glue without wasting any glue. When I apply petals to form a flower, I add a small dot of glue, lay the petal down over the glue and press it in with a stylus. 

I am really happy I was introduced to this glue.  This glue is only sold by word of mouth.  I have talked with Doug and he is going to make you a special offer.  If you order the glue and use the code SELMAWA, you will receive a 20% discount on your order. Also, I love the price for shipping -- I will let you check that out with your order -- you will love it!   What a great way to give this glue a test.  Here is the LINK to the Ivy Hollow ScrapFusion site.


4 comments:

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

I just love the delicate work you always seem to create, each time you give a garden of beauty, thank you so much as you inspire me greatly...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
"Anne's Paper Dream's Blog"

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Hi Selma,
diese Scrapbookarbeit ist dir toll gelungen. Eine schöne Farbzusammenstellung.
Liebe Grüße Petra

Leanne ... said...

Nothing like a good glue! Will keep it in mind. However, your flowers once again are delightful Selma.
Hugs...Leanne

Pam said...

Selma, I started using Doug's glue in early December of 2013 and it is without a doubt my favorite glue of all time!!!!! In fact, if I had to craft without now, I would be most upset...love this stuff and I love your work!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails