Saturday, April 12, 2014

Susan's Garden Alstromeria


 I received all my  flower dies in the NEW Susan's Garden Release the same day I got sick and have not felt like working in my studio.  I am finally feeling better and today I created a few of these flowers.  On my card above, I created the Susan's Garden Alstroemeria flowers .  I am totally in love with these gorgeous flowers.  I followed the directions in the package to assemble them, but created them in a different color.  I went to the florist shop to see real Alstroemerias and to see the variety of colors these flowers come in.  My favorite color was this pale pink with the lime green highlights.  The picture above does not show the beauty of these flowers, so I have a closeup picture below so you can see the dimension and details of my Alstroemeria.

The beautiful heart on my card is a new Marianne Design "Anja's Filligran Heart". Isn't it beautiful.  Behind the Alstroemeria I placed some of the new Poppy Stamps Massa Leaf. To finish off the card I added Hero Arts Accent Pale Pink Pearls.

Here is the Susan's Garden Alstroemeria die package along with the three flowers I created. Susan has 14 new die sets; the 13 other new Susan's Garden Flower Dies you are going to love are the Lilac, Clematis, Aster, Bearded Iris, Crocus, Gerbera Daisy, Daylily, Hydrangea, Globe Allium, Primrose, Stephanotis, Zinnia, and Branches & Stem. You can see all these dies at Ellen Hutson, LLC.  In the search box type "Sizzix" and the name of the flower.

 These Alstroemeria were die cut using white card stock and were colored using Susan's Garden Pan Pastels. I used Georgia Pacific 110# card stock.  A lime green marker was used to draw the line on the larger, lower petals. The flowers were shaped using the tools in the Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit.   You first glue the larger petals on the calyx, then the three smaller ones on.    The stamens were die cut using white card stock.  The upper portion of each stamen was colored with light pink and bright pink Pan Pastels, the brighter pink on top.  The base was left white.  On the very tip, I used a black marker.  To create very thin stamens, I cut each stamen "leg" twice to create three very thin stamens.  They were rolled and glued at the base, then glued into the center of the flower.  The flowers were placed in the Susan's Garden Plastic Flower Pots to hold the shape of the flower, and the stamen glued in the center.  As soon as the stamen was dry, I used the Black Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add tiny little dots to the tip of each stamen.

I have started working with Susan's new lilacs, hydrangeas, and stephanotis.  These are beautiful and also very easy to assemble.  Here is a picture of the flowers I have created so far:



You can purchase the following products from Ellen Hutson, LLC

Susan's Garden Alstroemeria dies
Susan's Garden Hydrangea dies
Susan's Garden Lilac dies
Susan's Garden Stephanotis
Black Viva Decor Pearl Pen
Susan's Garden Pan Pastels
Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit
Susan's Garden Plastic Flower Pots
Ultimate Glue
Poppy Stamps, Massa Leaf Background

Hero Arts Accent Pale Pink Pearls
Memento Pear Tart Marker

1137315

9 comments:

Shirley said...

A really lovely heart with totally gorgeous flowers!! They are beautifully painted too. The design is perfect, Selma! And then can't wait to see what you do with the lilacs, hydrangeas, and stephanotis. They are wonderful!

Hope you will join us for the blog hop on Monday. We are hoping to inspire people to send cards to a little 2 year old and her family. She is receiving chemo for Leukemia and being such a trooper too! Lots of prizes and blog candy along the way too! Details at top of my blog! Hugs,

Rita said...

Absolutely breathtaking Selma. These flowers are so real like and now I will have to spend some money on these gorgeous dies. Hugs Rita xxx

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

These are gorgeous, Selma. Hubby buys me a bouquet of these for my kitchen, every week. My real ones look so much like yours. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear Selma. I was wondering why I haven't seen anything from you lately. I was hoping you were on vacation. So sorry to hear you were sick but glad to hear that you are feeling better. Your creativity is beautiful beyond words. I can see I'm going to have to invest in a few more of Susan's dies. :) Thank you very, very much for sharing your talent with all of us. You are such an inspiration to me, Selma.

Many Blessings!
Debi

MariLynn said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm glad you are doing better. I love how these new flowers look.

Anonymous said...

Selma, these are beautiful flowers and the card is too. Christine

Carol Hurlock said...

Stopping by your blog today has convinced me to purchase the Hydrangeas, Lilac, and Clematis dies-they are beyond beautiful. Love your flowers Selma. Thanks for showing their perfection!

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful flowers Selma. Love yoir creations. May I know what is the ideal paper thickness for making those flowers?
Thank you.

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful flowers Selma. Love yoir creations. May I know what is the ideal paper thickness for making those flowers?
Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails