Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Susan's Garden Sunflower


Near our home there is a huge field of beautiful  sunflowers so that was the inspiration for my card today.  I used the Susan's Garden "Sunflower" dies to create this card.  The background is a piece of design paper from the Graphic 45 "French Country" 8x8 pad.  The pretty frame is the new Memory Box "Victorian Frame".  It was die cut in which and sponged with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  The sentiment is from the new JustRite "Christmas Inner Thoughts" stamp set.  It was stamped with VersaMark Ink and clear embossed.

The Susan's Garden "Sunflower" was die cut using white card stock and colored with Susan's Garden Pan Pastels.  I love working with the Pan Pastels because they blend so well.  I first shaped the flowers using the Susan's Garden "Flower Tool Kit" then added the yellow Pan Pastel over each petal.  Next I used a very thin black marker to create lines on the petal then added a little Orange Pan Pastel to the base of the petal.  Next I used the Rust Pan Pastel at the base, along the side and on the tip of each petal.  I blended that out with my finger then went back over with a little more of the Yellow Pan Pastel to really blend it all together.  I created three separate layers for this flower.  The top and bottom layers have the larger die cut petals, and the middle layer has the smaller petals.  I love how this gave a lot of dimension to the sunflower.  In the center I used two different shades of brown card stock to die cut the tiny "flowers" that create the center of the flower.  The leaves were die cut using green card stock and shaped with the Susan's Garden Tool Kit.


Products used:

Susan's Garden "Sunflower" dies, 658417
Susan's Garden Pan Pastels
Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit, 658437
Memory Box Victorian Frame, 98535
JustRite, Christmas Inner Thoughts" stamp set (CL-04625)
VersaMark Ink
Ranger Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder
Tea Dye Distress Ink
Scraperfect "Best Glue Ever"   

997580

4 comments:

Anneke said...

This card looks lovely. Nice background too. Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

I love sunflowers and this one is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Selma, and that sunflower is so real looking, fantastic work aw usual!! Love seeing your blog every day, I may not comment often, due to health issues, but I do see it EVERY day, and enjoy it so.
THANS
hugs
Donna

isobel said...

I love visiting your site, your cards are lovely, I am going to have a go at making flowers. Blessings Patricia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails