Monday, August 5, 2013

Susan's Garden Quince


I love working with shades of purple.  Today I have a card designed with a couple new Marianne Design dies and a flower created with the Susan's Garden "Quince" dies. 

This finished card is 5.5" x 6".  For the background, I used a sheet of design paper from the FabScraps "High Tea" 8x8 Mini Booklet.  I used the Marianne Design "Anja Vintage Decoration" on the bottom of the card.  I cut a piece of card stock 5.25" square and placed the die on one end.  This die does not cut all the way out -- it stays attached on the flat end.  You can easily snip it out if you want it separate but I wanted to place the design paper down behind this decoration.  Before removing it from the die, I sponged on a darker color of plum ink to help make the design show.  On the top corners I added one of the pretty embellishments from the Marianne  Design, Vintage Ornament 3,  die set.  They were also sponged before removing them from the die.  Don't forget to run these die cuts back through your machine with the embossing pad so you get the pretty embossed detail.  

I wanted to create some flowers similar to the ones in the design paper, so I used the Susan's Garden "Quince" dies.  I used the purple and bright pink Susan's Garden Pan Pastels at the base of the flower, then went over the entire front with the Light Pink Pan Pastel.  You can blend the Pan Pastels so well to come up with totally different colors.  Remember when you use the Pan Pastels, you only need to lightly touch the Pastel to pick up the color otherwise you will create "dust" which can be a waste.  The leaves under the flowers were die cut using one of the leaf dies out of the Susan's Garden "Garden Leaves" die set.  You get 13 leaves in this die set.  To shape the flowers and leaves, I used the Susan's Garden "Flower Tool Kit".  

I used the ScraPerfect "Best Glue Ever".  This little bottle  has a thin writing tip and is perfect for applying very small dots of glue.  It dries clear and has a super strong bond.  It also dries fast and clear.  I used this glue to attach the design paper by using a very, very thin line around the edge and it dies really fast and did not wrinkle the design paper.  I also used it to assemble my flowers.  If you want it to be re-positionable, you let it dry first.  How cool is that!   I love the size of the bottle because it is very easy to handle and it just dispenses a very small amount, which is all you need.   I highly recommend this glue if you haven't tried it.  It is now my favorite.

Products used:

High Tea 8x8 Mini Booklet by FabScraps
Marianne Design, Anja Vintage Decoration, LR0269
Marianne Design, Vintage Ornaments 3, LR0273
Susan's Garden, Quince dies, 658440
Susan's Garden, Garden Leaves, 658440
Susan's Garden, Pan Pastels
Susan's Garden, Flower Tool Kit, 658437
ScraPerfect, Best Glue Ever 

996234

5 comments:

Leanne ... said...

I do also love working with shades of purple. (Working on a purple shaded card right now.)

And who doesn't like lace. Love the lace look here. Nicely done card.
Hugs...Leanne

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, I love the die and the flowers!

Anneke said...

Selma this looks very pretty. Love the way you have used the Mariaane Design dies. And love the colour too.
Anneke. www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Absolutely Stunning. I have those dies too Selma and I love them. Hugs Rita xxx

Glenda said...

I have always been a huge fan of Marianne Dies and these are so pretty. My list just gets longer and longer! Just a beautiful card my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails