Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Flowers For My Friend

Today I have a card that is not real dimensional.  The size of the card is 5.5" x 6.".  For the white embossed background, I used the Anna Griffin "Juliet Damask" embossing folder. The embossing folder is only 4.25" x 5.5" so I had to run the card front through twice, just laying the edge of the design on the folder next to the embossed card stock.  You can barely tell it was pieced.  On top, I used the Spellbinders "Locking Loops" frame for the background for the flowers.  It was die cut then sponged with Distress Ink prior to removing it from the die.  That is a pretty look, isn't it.   I layered the piece onto a piece of purple card stock since both the frame and the background are white.

The pretty flowers and the sentiment are on the Joy! Crafts"Embossing and Embroidery Die - Flowers for a Friend".  die set - there are three dies in this set.  I did not use the large flower die.  It is a large flower that you can actually embroider on it because it has all the little holes die cut.    I die cut the flower stem using white card stock then added glitter to it for sparkle.  First I added some glue to just the flowers, then sprinkled with purple glitter.  I let it sit for a few minutes, then I added glue to the leaves and stem and sprinkled on green glitter.  I love the look.  A rhinestone was added to the center of the flowers.  

The sentiment from this set was attached to the card using ScraPerfect "Best Glue Ever".  It was so easy to use this glue on the little letters.  The opening is very fine and easy to use.  I pulled some flower rhinestones out of my stash for the corners of the card. 

You can purchase the following products from Joan's Gardens:

Spellbinders "Locking Loops" die set (S5-175)
Joy! Crafts "Embossing and Embroidery Die - Flowers for a Friend" 6002/1101
ScraPerfect "Best Glue Ever"

1005235

4 comments:

Anneke said...

Very pretty Selma. You did a great job. Like the colour too. Thanks for sharing, Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

craftieodmae said...

you are amazing and so is your card!!!!

Rita said...

Stunning card Selma. I love your choice of colours. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

The frame is so gorgeous to look at and love the way you glittered the flowers Selma..looks really embroidered !!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails