Saturday, August 17, 2013

Delicious Huckleberry MuffinTops

Today I am going to share a recipe I love to make.   When Shari and I were over in Montana, we stopped at a fruit stand and bought some huckleberries.   Huckleberries are usually pretty hard to find.  I was anxious to make Susan Tierney Cockburn's blueberry muffin tops with them.  I have made these before using blueberries and they are very delicious.  Huckleberries are smaller than blueberries and have a more intense taste -- so delicious.   These are the finished muffin tops.

 You can get the recipe for these muffin tops at Susan Tierney Cockburn's "My Apron Strings" blogYes, this is the same Susan that created all the Susan's Garden flower dies.  Susan's also has a baking blog with a ton of delicious recipes.  My husband always wants to eat just the muffin tops when I bake muffins, so when I saw this recipe on Susan's Blog, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and purchased two muffin top pans.  I also use the pans now to bake my large chocolate chip cookies on instead of a cookie sheet.

Look at all those delicious huckleberries in the batter!


The recipe has a delicious streusel topping to add to the muffin tops.  Here I have half of them covered with the streusel  topping -- I did add it to both trays.  I baked them on "Convection" rather than on "Bake" so I could bake both trays at once.   They were ready in 18 min.   I shared them with my daughter and neighbor.   They are so yummy!

 If you love muffin tops, I'm sure you will love this recipe.

I am taking the afternoon off to go to a picnic up in the mountains.  I'll be back tomorrow with a new card.

5 comments:

Mickie said...

I love huckleberries but haven't had them in years. OMG these look so good. Have a wonderful time in the mountains dear, wish I could be there. Texas is so hot, altho today has been sorta nice. LOL Love your artwork!

Momsnack said...

Going to try this recipe tomorrow - here on the Central Oregon Coast I have wild huckleberries growing in my yard.

Antoinette Voorn said...

This looks Yummie!!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh yum they look delish!!!! I've never heard of Hucklenerries.....they're on my list to look out for :)
Hope you enjoyed your trip. x

Joan Fricker said...

The muffins look yummy. I have never had huckleberries, but I remember Mom talking about them. Delicious!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails