Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Flower Pot

Do you like to create shaped cards?   I have made many flower pots with a pull out greeting, but now Heartfelt Creations has made it so easy.  In their new Balmy Breeze collection they have included two size flower pot dies in the "Decorative Flower Pot" die set.  I used two of the larger die cut pots for the bottom.  They were die cut using Tim Holtz "Kraft-Core" card stock then embossed using the Mpress "Retro Swirls 1" embossing folder.  Because this is a Kraft- card stock, you can sand the colored card stock and the kraft color will show through.  I used the Tim Holtz little "Sanding Block".  The two pots were put together along the edges using 1/8" ScorTape.    Along the top edge of the pot I added a Spellbinders "Moroccan Accents" border. 


The smaller flower pot die was used for the insert.  It was die cut using ivory card stock.  On the back of the insert,  I glued one of the Decorative Lattice Swirl die cuts for stability for the flowers.  I used the Heartfelt Creations "Posy Patch PreCut set" for the flowers.  They were black embossed on wine colored textured card stock then cut out with the matching Posy Patch dies.  The leaves  from the "Beautiful You PreCut Set" were also black embossed on green textured card stock and cut out with the "Decorative Flower Pot" dies.  The leaves and flowers were shaped then added to the top of the insert.  The sentiment is from the "Beautiful You PreCut set"

After the insert was completed, it was put back into the center of the pot and additional flowers were added to the front of the pot.  The tag is also from the "Decorative Flower Pot" dies.  One of the sentiments from the "Beautiful You PreCut Set" was stamped on the tag.  The edges of the tag and flower pot were sponged with Distress Ink.

This was a very easy and fun card to create.  Heartfelt Creations has a great variety of flowers you can add.  

You can purchase this beautiful collection of stamps and dies from Joan's Gardens.  If you purchase the "I want it All" package from Joan's Gardens, you will save $24.94.

 Balmy Breeze Collection

Products used:
Heartfelt Creations "Decorative Flower Pot" die set (HCD 732)
Heartfelt Creations "Beautiful You PreCut Set" (HCPC 3532)
Heartfelt Creations "Decorative Lattice Swirl die cuts" HCD 733)
Heartfelt Creations "Posy Patch Flowers PreCut Set" (HCPC 3303)
Heartfelt Creations "Post Patch" dies (HCD 701)
MPress "Retro Swirls 1" embossing folder 
Spellbinders "Moroccan Accents" Border
Tim Holtz Kraft-Core 12x12 Core-dinations Paper Pad
Tim Holtz Sanding Block
Scor-Tape
Distress Ink
VersaMark
Black embossing Powder

917966

12 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

This is gorgeous. Wish I could figure how to post it from my phone. I love it.

Chrissy said...

This is just wonderful Selma, love the colours and love the way the sentiment tag comes out together with the flowers, fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol Tummon said...

Hi Selma,

I just couldn't help myself today. I just had to tell you how fantastic this latest project is. You are just so talented and I love getting your posts each day. I am going to try to use this design as an inspiration for me to do a card for my mother for Mother's Day. As I live in the UK I can't really purchase the items needed to make mine look exactly like yours but I will take inspiration.
Keep creating and inspiring us!
All the best. - Carol

Glenda said...

Oh girl, you have done it again. This just takes my breathe it is so beautiful. Love the color combo you used. Outstanding!

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the gorgeous design. Will have to try this with the Spellbinders Flower Pot dies I have and see if it works similarly.

Anonymous said...


Oh Selma.............I wait for your blog to hit my email each day to see what wonderful things you've created. But this one tops the list. Absolutely gorgeous. I've been hot and heavy into 30 flower pot cards preparing supplies for a craft for my herb society. I LOVE this one.......guess I'll have to order the dies!!!

Rita said...

Fabulous Flowerpot Selma. The colours you have chosen are perfect and the arrangement just gives it a lovely finish. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

CraftinGranny said...

Oh Selma, your cards are so inspiring and your wonderful designs are gorgeous. May have to get those flower pot dies as they really make a fantastic card. Hope your daughter is doing well by now and completely recovered. Thanks for stopping by and your wonderful comment. "Hugs" Carol

Leanne ... said...

Just fabulous Selma. Love those flowers in a pot. So cute!
Hugs...Leanne

Pssequimages said...

Oh I SOOO plan to make this one. Thank you for the inspiration, Selma.

Ms Linda said...

Love the design and concept of this I would call vintage surprise.
Beautiful.

swtanxiety94@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails