Monday, May 14, 2012

New Cheery Lynn Dies Available at Joan's Gardens




Today Joan's Gardens has posted all the new dies from Cheery Lynn.  This card was designed using a few of these dies.  I want to let you know that we will be hosting a blog hop on Thursday using  the new Cheery Lynn "Build A Flower #1" dies and hope you will be back to see all the beautiful cards our guest designers will be positing. Also there is a FABULOUS prize to be given away and the details will be announced at the Blog Hop on Thursday. 

I have always wanted a pond with Koi Fish so was excited to see what I could do with this die.  This is the Cheery Lynn "Koi Fish" (DL219).  It was die cut using white card stock.  I glued it to a piece of orange design paper and cut it out around the edges.  The frame is the "Fiona's Magic Window" (FRM140).   Don't you love all the piercing in this frame.  I think it is so pretty. The leaves are the new "Iris Leaves" (B179).  They were die cut using aqua card stock and sponged with brown Distress Ink to match the design paper.

The flower was created with the Cheery Lynn "Stacker Flower #3" (SF-3).  Three flowers were shaped and stacked, alternating the petals.  The stamen was created with the new stamens from the Cheery Lynn "Build A Flower #1" set (B181); four light yellow and four darker yellow stamens were used.  The leaves under the flower are the Cheery Lynn "Tropical Leaves" (B119). I was trying to create a waterlily.  The beautiful sentiment is from the new Heartfelt Creations "Heartfelt Expressions PreCut Set" (HCPC 3475).  Don't you love the beautiful font used on these new sentiments.



Be sure to go over to Joan's Gardens to see all the beautiful new Cheery Lynn dies.  There are some new window dies that I absolutely love.  Joan has a card I designed with one of these window dies, plus a few other cards designed with the "Build A Flower #1" set on her blog.  

526842

15 comments:

Jane said...

Your background frame is so delightful as always. You always have the neatest backgrounds.

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh wow aren't the new dies wonderful...great card Selma, I love how you have worked the dies.

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

There is no way I can buy all I want from Joan! My list is out the back door now. You guys are killing me...hehehe! Your card is lovely, love the background die and the fish die is amazing! As always your flower is gorgeous!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Selma your card is amazing. Love the new dies. And as always, your flower is to die for!

craftieodmae said...

another beauty, never disappointed when I visit your blog, you always make me smile!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You are my very favorite enabler! Oui! This is beautiful!

Diane said...

Beautiful Selma!!! Your water lily is gorgeous.....I have a list of Cheery Lyn dies to buy from Joan, all from seeing your lovely creations!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your sure making those dies sing... this is beautiful!

April said...

Beautiful card! I love the dies. Great job as always!

April said...

Beautiful card! I love the dies. Great job as always!

Darlene said...

WOW! FANTASTIC! Your creations are always so inspiring and creative ... you must lay awake at night thinking up all these fabulous creations!
CONGRATS on being such a huge part in the creation of these new dies! Your creativity will be such an asset to them.
Keep up the AMAZING work ... we are all on the edge of our seats to see what you do next!
HUGS ...

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--what an absolutely gorgeous card! I love how you made the koi fish. It looks so real! This really is a beautiful card (as always!) TFS--Patty

Pssequimages said...

Gorgeous, Selma! What fun!

Nancy Hill said...

Very beautiful card and design and love the new Cherry Lynn frame.

Gail said...

Selma - you always inspire me to try new things - thanks for sharing your work! Have a great week ~ Gail ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails