Sunday, April 1, 2012

Give Flight to Your Dreams



It must be April Fool's Day!!!  It is snowing out and I keep seeing pictures of your yards that are in full bloom.  I was really hoping for some sun today.

Today I created a card without any flowers.  I used the beautiful Marianne Design butterfly (CR1205) for the main attraction.  Two butterflies were die cut and layered.  I sponged a darker purple down the center of the butterfly but I don't think it shows up well in the photo.  The pretty doily under the butterfly is from the new Spellbinders "Moroccan Motifs" set.  The corners are from the Spellbinders "Moroccan Accents" set.  Along with other dies, you get two matching corners in this set.  I love it when they include two matching corners in a set of dies.  The design paper is from an old paper pack from Kaiser Craft called "Lilac Avenue Collection".  I used small butterfly stamps from the JustRite "Botanical Dreams" stamp set on the design paper.  The sentiment is also from this stamp set.  

Well that was a quick and easy card.  The butterfly will easily flatten down so it is easy to mail to someone - maybe someone who loves purple!

All the products I use can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Hope you are having a nice warm day.  I think I will go sit in front of the fireplace and read a book now.

477581

5 comments:

Rita said...

Wow Selma. I love that Butterfly and the colours of your card look beautiful. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

Mrs. Swandog said...

Selma,I love how you doubled the butterfly! What a pretty card. I got lots of goodies at Joan's today. Can't wait to try them out.

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh I do love butterflies Selma and this card is so beautiful.

Love Sheila xx

Anonymous said...

Too warm for us. It was 84 degrees here with a low of 70 this evening. I would take your snow in a heartbeat.
Thanks for another beautiful card.

Marilyn Ann Diamond

Kim said...

Love this card! Two of my favorites - purple and butterflies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails