Thursday, February 16, 2012

You've Been So Sweet


This card was created using a new punch you can order from Joan's Gardens.  It is called "Mega Giant Snapdragon Petals".  This punch is not shown on Joan's Blog, but if you want it you can either email or call her to ask for it.  The embossing folder I used is the Marianne (DS0913).  It was backed with a piece of purple card stock.  The flower was created by punching three different shades of purple card stock.  Each petal was conditioned and shaped using the tools from the Flower Tool Kit then assembled in layers.  The leaves under the flower are from the Cheery Lynn "Stacker Flower #1" Leaf (SF-1).  The ferns were die cut using the Cheery Lynn "Pair of Ferns" (B118) dies.  In the center of the card I added a small doily die cut using the Cheery Lynn "Nautical Wheeler Doily" (DL180) die.  I used the doily from the center of this die cut.  On top of it I layered a JustRite sentiment from the "Vintage Floral Labels" set. It was die cut using a Spellbinders scalloped circle die.  The sentiment is white embossed on purple card stock.  The pretty butterfly was layered using the Memory Box "Moonlight Butterfly (98260) and the "Kaleidoscope Butterfly" (98261).  Up in the left corner I added one of the Marianne "Corners" (LR0143). 

Sometimes I receive emails from my Followers telling me they can't find certain products on Joan's Gardens blog.  Many times she sends me products and I end up using them before she has a chance to post them.  She puts shipping out your orders her priority.  I always use products you can purchase from Joan, so if you don't find it in her store, please just call or email her about it.  I usually list product numbers so she knows exactly what I used.  Also with the hike in postage, I'm sure you all appreciate that Joan only charges you actual postage with no extra fees.  


15 comments:

Seafield Jo said...

This is gorgeous, a really beautiful card. Jo x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Selma, the white feather adds so much softness to an already feminine lovely card...gorgeous flower.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Selma!

Judy Inukai said...

Awesome card. I love the colors.

Caroline D. said...

WOW Selma!!! Your creations just make me gasp!! I'm still experiencing a hectic schedule and I'm not getting to my fun blogs I visit like I want... and getting ready for vacation... just know I love all your cards even if I dont have time to comment every day!!

April said...

So very lovely as usual!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Such a gorgeous card Selma and the flower is so beautiful....love the added feather behind it.

Love Sheila xx

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- this is stunning. Love the purple you used and that Marianne die is gorgeous!

Colleen said...

Selma,
WOW that purple caught my eye right away, this is stunning!

ednamburgess said...

Very beautiful and love the purple along with the white. Stunning. Edna

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Selma! Love the purple on this card. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
Colleen Horner

Anonymous said...

Hi Selma,
I have had the snapdragon punch for a very long time and have never seen a snapdragon done with it and hardly ever use it. Do you have any ideas about creating a snapdragon with it? I would love to see one. I am an avid follower of your beautiful work and do 3d punch art flowers all the time. Maybe you could think about creating a snapdragon flower. Many thanks.
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Sooo pretty!
Ruth Gray

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is stunning. I love the white and purple. The feather adds so much and your flower is more than fantastic! Great job!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails