Friday, February 3, 2012

Red Flowers


Today I have designed a black and white card with a red focal point.  The flower dies I used are the Cheery Lynn "Pulmeria" (B 134).  Below is a picture of the die. This is not a new Cherry Lynn die but a very fun die to use.  Below I will show you how I created these flowers.

Cheery Lynn Plumeria B 134

The Plumeria flower die has five petals on it.  Each petal die cuts separately so you can create your flower. This die is very useful to create different types of flowers because each petal cuts separately.  You can create different flowers according to how many petals or layers you would like to add.  I love products you can use in many different ways. Each  of these petals has a small hole in it so you an build your flower using a brad, but I like to glue the petals to keep them in place.   I used the "Punch Bunch" small snowflake for my base. This snowflake has six points.  I wanted to create three flowers, so I die cut one extra flower to use an extra petal on each flower.  Above you an see the pieces I used.  The stamens are the Punch Bunch Large and Medium "Sparkle".  I used one large and two medium for each flower.  To make them "frilly" I cut down each point, then shaped them on the Black Flower Mat then stacked them.  The Flower petals and leaves were also shaped on the black mat with tools from the Flower Tool Kit.  

I used a piece of old design paper I had for the background.  The pretty rectangle doily under the flowers is the Marianne Design (LR0- 117) die.  The Heart is the Cherry Lynn "Two of Hearts" (DL 128) die.  The corners were die cut using one of the Marianne Designs (LR0143) corners.  To complete the card a black and white bow was added.


411290

12 comments:

Betty Benton said...

These flowers make a very dramatic statement on your black and white background -- very colorful!

Glenda said...

Your card is breathtaking. Love all the die work involved!

merrymstamper said...

Gorgeous flowers Selma! wow.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty Selma! Love the red flowers!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Wow! Those red flowers jumped right at me. What a beautiful card!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Selma, this one jumped off the screen and kissed me, gorgeous, love the red, just pops.Fabulous design...love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Payne Holler Cards said...

pops right off the page....beautiful!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh My goodnes me Selma this is so stunning and those red flowers really pop out with the background og the card...they're gorgeous.

Love Sheila xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and lovely flowers!
Greetje

Darlene said...

This is SO pretty Selma! Boy those RED flowers just POP off the page!! As always ... thanks for inspiration! Hugs!

Caroline D. said...

Beautiful!! The flowers look like gorgeous red poppies!! Thanks for showing how you assemble the flowers. :o)

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
i just found your blog and loving it hunni, what a great card hun
love the way you make the flowers
what a inspirational blog you've sweetie, i became a follower right away, have a great weekend sweetie
hugs angelique

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails