Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pink and White Rose Plus Blog Hop Winner


One of my favorite new dies from Joan's Gardens is the Marianne Design "Anji Corner" (LR0200).   EDIT:  I have had a couple of emails wanting to know where to get this die.  Here is the direct link to it at Joan's Gardens  .   I have been wanting to use it on all four corners on the front of a card.  In order to do this you need to have two of the corners because if you use only one, you will end up "smashing" the embossing on the other corners. This is a 5.5" square card.   I placed two dies at the top, taped them down, then ran the top half of the card back through to emboss them.  I repeated this process on the other two corners.  Doesn't it make a gorgeous background!   In the center I added the Marianne (CR1204) oval doily with adhesive tape.

The rose was created with the Super Giant Begonia Petals punch following the same procedure as in my Rose Tutorial.  The other petals are cream colored and the center petals are pink.  I added some leaves with a new die I just received from Joan's Gardens, Marianne (LR0156).  I love the delicate look of these leaves.  Behind the top of the rose I added two Marianne Leaves (LR0192).  To complete the card I layered the Memory Box butterflies "Kaleidoscope Butterfly" (98261) and "Moonlight Butterfly" (98260) and placed it above the rose. 

All the products I used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens


I want to announce the winner of the Heartfelt Creations  stamp set from the Alumni Design Team Blog Hop.  The winner was randomly chosen from the comments left on Marsha's blog.

That lucky person is.....

NAN  G

 Nan please email Emma Lou at emmalou@heartfeltcreations.us and let her know you are the winner of the January Alumni Blog Hop to receive your $25 gift certificate to Heartfelt Creations.


Have a great weekend.

412676

16 comments:

Betty Benton said...

What a gorgeous grey, white and pink card -- love it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a pretty card! Love that rose!

Nan G said...

What a beauty! Thanks Selma, I've emailed Emmalou. I was so thrilled when Marsha emailed me!

Antonella said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!! Love the muted gray and those dies are to die for!
Hugs, antonella :-)

Linda Carson said...

WOW! That's one elegant card! Quite stunning!

Glenda said...

Just Beautiful!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Wow! Your stunning creations keep coming and coming Selma. I adore this rose, it always looks so life like.

Love Sheila xx

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card and Congratulations to Nan on the win

Mrs. Swandog said...

Selma your card is so beautiful. I love how you used that great corner die!

ednamburgess said...

Gorgeous! So elegant and beautiful. Tried to find the die and couldn't find it. Would love to get one or two. Wish you'd make a video of how you accomplished it. Edna

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Breathtaking card, Selma! Your work is amazing-every time!

Caroline D. said...

Absolutely breathtaking!! And your rose is so awesome with the multi colorer layers! I must have that new leaves die!!

Congrats to Nan on her win! Lots of yummy HC sets to choose from!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love all the white with the touch of pink. Very prety!

Francie (Montreal) said...

Gorgeous use of the Marianne die. I really like the colour pallet and your lovely rose creation. Nice job.

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this card is absolutely gorgeous. The Anja dies are beautiful and make a great accent.
I love it!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Deb Kozak said...

Selma, Thank you for all of your hard work with helping to design the Cheery Lynn "Build A Flower" die. It is fantastic, and the possibilities are endless. Your creativity is just amazing. Your blog is food for the creative soul. Keep up your fantastic creativity - you are inspiration to us all. Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails