Sunday, February 19, 2012

Flowers and Butterfly


I just realized I am using yellow a lot lately.  Wonder if I'm just anxious to see the sun.  We had snow again last night so it is very cloudy. Today I used the Cherry Lynn "Cuties 4" (B156) flowers to create my card.   They are so easy to use, to create flowers, because you roll them to create the flower.  

In this picture you can see how I created this flower.  I cut the long strip in half -- one piece will have one less petal which is what you need because you are going to stack the two pieces alternating the petals. Above I have die cut three strips of the Cuties 4 and cut them all in half.   I used  1/8" ScorTape along the bottom edge of the two pieces.  This tape will hold securely while rolling.  Before attaching the two strips together, I used the self-closing tweezers from the Flower Tool Kit to shape each petal.  It make a big difference in the final appearance of the flower when you shape the petals.  Place the ScorTape on both strips you are going to attach.  Pull the cover off ScorTape of the longer strip, and place the smaller strip on top, alternating the petals.  Next I pulled the strip off the top and used a "Quilling Tool" to roll it tightly.  The Quilling Tool pulls out easily even though you have used ScorTape. 



The background was created with the Cheery Lynn "French Lattice Small Frame" (FRM132) over a piece of striped designed paper.  On the left side I embossed a piece of white card stock with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.  Over this embossed piece I added the Memory Box "Fauntleroy Crest" (98222) die cut for additional texture.  Under the flowers I added two Marianne Design "Garden Branches" (LR0151) and the three leaves from the Cheery Lynn "Stacker Flower #1" (SF1).  The pretty butterfly was created by die cutting the Memory Box "Butterfly" (98261) and Butterfly" (98260).  

  

20 comments:

okienurse said...

Beautiful card! It is so springy it makes me feel happy and cheerful! Thanks for sharing.

Betty Benton said...

The yellow striped paper is so pretty behind the lattice -- I probably would have never thought to use anything but a solid behind it! Love your ideas!

Anneke klerks said...

pretty card, the flowers are great

hugs Anneke

Glenda said...

Your yellow makes me smile. We've had so much rain, we are water logged! This makes me feel like Spring is on the way!

Unknown said...

Beautifully done Selma, love the whole card, so pretty, did not think I would use that flower die much, so did not get, well you changed my mind, I Love how it looks, and I love that striped paper, great card.
hugs
Donna
Thanks for sharing

Sheila - Ginger said...

Such a beautiful fresh and springlike card Selma. Must have a go with the cutie flowers. Your talent is never ending.

Love Sheila xx

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Selma! I love the yellow. Your flower is so pretty and the Cuties certainly makes for a gorgeous flower. Great job!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

** Line** said...

That´s a wonderful spring card!
hugs Line

Anonymous said...

Dear Selma, I just love your site you are such a inspiration. Carol

Donna said...

This is absolutley gorgeous Selma. Love the cheery colors and the wonderful design! Your flowers are always stunning!

Unknown said...

You always have such beautiful cards and flowers. You are a great inspiration!! Hugs, Lisa

Marie-Louise said...

Such a beautiful card - but I have been looking through your blog and all your cards are beautiful.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love that lattice over the striped paper!!! And the yellow white combination is just so bright and cheery. Makes me think Spring will come soon.

craftysals creative corner said...

a really pretty card, just love your blog

The Other Patti Sue said...

Defiantly full of sunshine! So pretty!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Selma, love your flowers! The lattice is lovely as well. Have a good day.

Lynne said...

Just love the Cherry Lynn dies and the cards you make with them are beautiful. Thanks for all your inspircation.

Elly said...

Great card Selma! Love those flowers.

Anonymous said...

wow..simply wow...
Amisha

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for sharing your gorgeous work with us. Looking at your artwork and following the steps you give to teach us how to do it are such a gift! Your talents are amazing! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails