Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pretty LaBlanche Stamp


Well the holidays are over, my company returned home, and I have all my Christmas decorations put away and even stored away all my Christmas stamps and dies.  It is time to start thinking about Valentine's Day and Spring.  As you know, I love to work with the LaBlanche stamps because they are so easy to color, and they really create a gorgeous image when completed because  they have so much detail in them.    Today I designed a card using the LaBlanche "Two Sparrows" (1235) stamp.  The image was stamped on the LaBlanche Specialty card stock with Ranger Archival Ink.    It was colored using my Distress Ink Pads and Nibs.  When using the Distress Inks you can blend the colors together so easily to get just the coloring/shading you want.  After the image was colored, I used the Tim Holtz Blending Tool and sponged  blue in the background.  For the black background, I using the Marianne Designs (DS0912) embossing folder.  The stamped image was placed over the upper portion of embossed design so only the lower portion of it is showing.  My background is a piece of textured card stock.  To frame the image, I die cut four of the Cheery Lynn "Lace Light Deco Borders" (B133) and placed one down each side of the embossed panel and pieced the others on top and below the stamped imaged.   A black silk bow and a few large black Dew Drops were added to complete this card.

Joan's Gardens has a large selection of these beautiful LaBlanche stamps.  As you know, all the products I use can be purchased from Joan. 

 Be sure to check out the Wild Wednesday Sale Joan will be posting the next few Wednesdays.  This will be a great time to stock up on products you have been wanting at a greatly reduced price.

387586

10 comments:

Unknown said...

very pertty card
I to have alot of the la blanche stamp
you did so good on your card and the color like alot

craftieodmae said...

another beautiful card!!!!! Don't have any of their stamps but sure pretty!

Glenda said...

Your card is so beautiful. Your color combo is gorgeous and the effect is quite elegant! Well done!

Auntie Em said...

Wow, your colouring is so lovely on your card. I really like the black lace and background. Such an elegant vintage look.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Betty Benton said...

Another lovely card, Selma!

Lana said...

Selma, this is stunning! I had to take a second look at it I thought the image was a premade one !!!! Your coloring and shading is fabulous spot on my dear!! Awesome I love it
Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

Selma - lovely coloring and some pretty fancy die cutz. You always come up with the most amazing things! TFS.

Colleen said...

Selma,
These birds are beautiful! Your coloring is amazing as always.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- This is another breathtaking creation-love it!

Evette K. said...

Amazing card Selma. I have been following u for a long time and really am in awe of your talents. I love those La Blanche stamps and have several myself. So glad to hear and see that using the distress inks result in such excellent results. Going to have to check out Joan's site now. ekc

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails