Friday, August 26, 2011

Fall is around the corner


I have a quick and easy card for you today.  I am still feeling yucky!  I am going to the doctor to get a shot in my back today and hopefully will feel better tomorrow. 

The background for this card was created with the Tim Holtz Sizzix "Bricked" embossing folder.  I used the Blending Tool and "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink to highlight the bricks. I have been seeing a lot of those big beautiful sunflowers in bloom so that is what inspired this card.   The sunflowers were created with the Cheery Lynn "Sunflower" (DL 121) die.  There are 3 layers stacked.,  The flowers were shaped with the tools from the Flower Tool Kit and a little bit of brown Flower Soft added around the edges of the center.  The stems were die cut from the "Japanese Lace & Flourish Frame" (DL 137).  You get a lace doily plus these two stems with this die.  The fence is the "Victorian Picket Fence" (B123),  It was "aged" with the "Weathered Wood" Distress Stain.  I lightly spritzed the fence with water and daubed the color across the fence.  I love these Distress Stains.  They are so easy to color things quickly because the top has a sponge dauber on it.    The grass is the Cheery Lynn Grass Border (B126).  It was die cut twice and layered to give a fuller look.  The kitty is from the "Screen Door with Cat" die (A2 164).  Using all these Cheery Lynn dies sure helped to create a quick and easy card!   The sentiment is from the JustRite "Vintage Floral Labels" stamp set. 

As you know, you can purchase all these products from Joan's Gardens.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.


2443




9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful scene you have created Selma...love the sunflowers, so pretty, and love the cat...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Auntie Em said...

Love your sunflowers poking through the pickets. The brick background looks great.
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Thanks for sharing! :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Selma.......makes me think of summer which can't come soon enough!!!!!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Hi Selma,
We've just had a 5 day break to Belgium and oh did I miss you beautiful creations and I missed some beauties! They are all stunning!! Do hope the shot you are going for helps to ease the pain in your back very soon.
Will catch up properly later as I'm still very tired after a horendous 15 hour coach/boat journey in every kind of weather they could throw at us...but it was worth it.
Take care
Love Sheila xx

Karen W said...

Beautiful card Selma, great use of the dies!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- I love scenic cards and this one is a beauty! I hope you are feeling better SOON!

Cheri said...

Love those sunflowers against that fence, Selma. So sorry to hear you're "under the weather". I hope you feel better very soon.

ednamburgess said...

Nice card and all the dies and things I use and like. Edna

Betty Benton said...

Great card, Selma! Sure do hope you're feeling better now -- take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails