Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Letters and Flowers


Today I have had a very frustrating day with photography.  I wanted to use this pretty Penny Black "Letters and Flowers" stamp from Joan's Gardens and wanted to use glossy card stock and Mica Gloss.  The first card I made this morning is beautiful but even after about 75 photo's (not kidding) it did not show the richness of the card, so started over. I was working with black glossy card stock on the first card and then decided I wanted a brayered background and used white glossy card stock. Glossy card stock always produces such rich beautiful colors on your cards, but they sure are hard to photograph.  Well neither card photographed very well because of the glare.  Oh well, I am posting the second card because I don't have time to create something different just to get a good picture.  

I started by using a "Late November" Kaleidacolor Spectrum ink pad and brayered the color at an angle.  The Letters and Flowers were stamped using black ink.  When it was dry it was cut out with a Spellbinders "Large Deckled Meca Rectangle" die. Using black card stock, a one size larger mat was cut.  Three yellow pearls were added at the bottom of the image.  A piece of Basic Grey background paper was placed on this 5.5" square card.  A navy blue "Cheery Lynn "Italian Flourish (DL103) was die cut then a Spellbinder circle die cut, the same color, and placed in the center.  A black Marianne Designs "Forest Branch (LR0150) was die cut.  It matches the leaves in the stamped design very well.  A yellow Spellbinders "Floral Doily Motifs" was die cut and one of the sentiments from the JustRite "You Inspire Me" set was stamped in the center.  A pretty Cheery Lynn "Mini Butterfly" was die cut using Spellbinders premium craft foil.  All the pieces were layered as shown then a little bow added to complete the card.

This is a beautiful stamp. It is the same stamp Joan used in her last workshop using it with the Mica Gloss.    Joan's Gardens has a good supply in stock so there will be no waiting if you order one.

As you know, all products I use are from Joan's Gardens.

3613

8 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is gorgeous. I loved the first one this morning too, but I know how frustrating it can be to photograph glossy cardstock.
Great job with all the colors and everything you did with this card.
I love it.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Linda w said...

What a gorgeous card Selma. I so want to create like you can. Every card you create is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with everyone.

stamping on...

Leigh said...

Marvellous card Selma. Just love the colours you've used and all the elements on it.

Sheila - Ginger said...

This card is beautiful Selma and I'm sure it's just as beautiful as the first one you wanted to show....you never fail us. I love the richness of the colours you have used too.

Love Sheila xx

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Glenda said...

I don't care how many pictures you take...it is still BEAUTIFUL!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Totally gorgeous card, Selma! I love your new photo, also! You always inspire me greatly.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a great combination of layers! I love that flourish die cut!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails