Today I have created another project using some of the new Heartfelt Creations Botanical Garden Collection. This is a box that my daughter received for Mother's Day that had a beauty product in it. When she opened it and took out the product, she looked at me and said "I bet you can do something with this box." Well, I was thinking the same thing. Also I had some of the Heartfelt Creations flowers left over from my last Heartfelt Creations card; these flowers are from the "Botanical Floral 2 PreCut Set" (HCPC 3407). This flower collection is gorgeous and Joan's Gardens has plenty of sets in stock. I love the color of these flowers and wanted to show you how the single flowers can be layered to make a beautiful project.
The box has an oval opening in the center of the lid. I took the lid off and traced around the outside, and the inside oval, onto design paper from the "Sparkling Spring" 6x6 inch paper stack, then cut it out with scissors. The box did not have a covering over the opening so I cut a piece of clear plastic from an old Nesties frame package and attached it to the inside of the lid. The design paper was attached to the box with ScorTape. Around the side of the box I added a pretty Cheery Lynn border called "Border Carnivale" DL129. It is a perfect trim for the dainty paper. Under the flowers I used the Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch HCD702 corner die flourish. The flowers were arranged on the white lacy die cut and leaves tucked under the flowers. The leaves were white embossed on light green card stock and cut out with matching dies. I decided I wanted to add white stamens to these flowers, so I punched two white medium "Suns" for each flower. The points of each sun ray were cut, each sun shaped on rubber mat, glued together, then glued to the center of each flower. A Spellbinder "accent" was used under the single flower on the right. Pearls were added around the edges.
I did something new today that I am excited to tell you about. I used the Cheery Lynn butterflies, shown below, "Exotic Butterfly mini (DL112) and die cut them with a piece of Spellbinders premium craft foils, also shown below. I used a piece of the silver foil. There is a violet color foil in the package, but it did not match my project, so that is why I used silver. I used several colors of violet Copic markers to color the butterfly exactly the color I wanted. I love how it turned out. It is real easy to shape any way you want because the foil is kind of heavy. The dies cut out really nice and it was not hard to remove the butterflies. I now have three foil butterflies but only used one on this project. The butterfly was attached with a piece of mounting foam. A small lavender bow was added to complete the box. This box is being used to hold a gift for one of my granddaughters.