Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mica Gloss


It has been a busy few days and I am posting a card I made about a week ago.  The background for this card is another piece of the homemade paper I created using Glenda Brook's tutorial using computer paper and Distress Ink reinkers.  The piece on the left was created using Mica Gloss on Glossy Black Card stock.  I'm not going into a lot of detail today but will do a tutorial on this fabulous gloss later.  The Cheery Lynn butterfly  and the Marianne Design black leafy swirl can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.  The flowers were made using the "Sakarus" and "Sun" punches.  As you know, you can order all these supplies from Joan's Gardens.

My daughter did have her surgery last Thursday.  The surgery went well but she has had a lot of problems with different medications.  She is still in quiet a bit of pain but I'm sure will be feeling much better in a few days.  I have been busy helping her out but will start having new posting starting Monday. 

There are some new videos over at Joan's Gardens I think you will really enjoy watching.  Be sure to check them out.

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Selma, just beautiful.The handmade papers are fabulous, love the sheen.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Betty Benton said...

Stunning card, Selma -- wonderful techniques going on here!

Velta said...

Prayers for your daughter Selma...I hope her recovery will be very soon!

Glenda said...

I hope your daughter continues to improve. Reactions to meds can be very difficult to deal with. Hope she is on the right track now. Your card is stunning! I don't know about Mica Gloss; can't wait to learn more!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Your card is beautiful Selma and will look forward to learning more about the Micas.
Do hope your daughter's meds will soon be sorted ans she continues to improve with her recovery.

Love Sheila xx

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Selma. I can see us using Glenda's technique a lot.
We sure have had some fun with this Mica Gloss and I think everyone will enjoy this new (to us) technique. Great job?!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

craftieodmae said...

Just beautiful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is stunning Selma! Hope your DD has a speedy recovery!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails