Monday, May 2, 2011

Live Well, Laugh Often



Punches used for Cherry Blossoms


Today my card was designed around this beautiful die cut butterfly from Joan's Gardens.  The design paper is from a new paper pack called "Butterfly Garden Collection".  Isn't this beautiful paper!  Down in the corner is a picture with a branch of cherry blossoms, so I decided to create some dimensional cherry blossoms for my embellishment on this card.  The punches used for these flowers are the "Large Splatt", "Medium Blossom", "Small Cosmo" and "Mini Sun".  The branch I used is cut using the "Birds & Branches" Sizzix die. All the information for making these pretty flowers are in the Flower Book you can purchase from Joan's Gardens.  I love working with this book because it has so many pretty flowers and the instructions are very easy to follow.  The flowers were shaped using the Flower Tool Kit.  When you have the right tools to work with, it sure makes creating flowers very easy. 

The sentiment is from the new JustRite "Signs of Life" stamp set.  This set has a lot of beautiful frames, corners and sentiments.  The  pretty butterfly die is a Cheery Lynn "Oriental Butterfly" doily die.  The pretty design paper is backed with black card stock.  To finish the card, black Kaiser Craft pearls were added to each corner and on the body of the butterfly.  The sentiment was attached with dimensional dots.

All products used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

This morning Joan posted a lot of new dies that I'm sure you will like.  Be sure to check them out at Joan's Gardens.

Tomorrow is Tuesday so I will have a tag for the Joan's Gardens Weekly Tag Challenge.

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous!!!! I love everything about this one!!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, absolutely gorgeous. Don't you just that Butterfly die. Your cherry blossoms are beautiful. Great job!

jperr said...

Selma I'm in love with your site.I have just gone through your tutorials back to April 2010.I sure would love to be able to spend a few days with you to play.
I look so forward to getting your email updates every night,I can't go to bed until I see what you have created.
Thanks for all the inspiration.
Jocelan

Chrissy said...

I'm butterfly mad..and I love this one. The Cherry Blossoms are beautiful.Wonderful card Selma..as always.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Wonderful card Sema, I'm such a happy bunny that I fell across your beautiful blog.

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

Another gorgeous creation! I'm a sucker for butterflies and this one is awesome! Just perfect paper selection too!

Cindy said...

Love your black butterfly and pretty flowers. I've been wanting to make a black butterfly for a card for over a month now, ever since I saw one printed on a little girls t-shirt (so many ideas, so little time). The new Butterfly Garden Collection is fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty. You make the prettiest flowers. What an inspiration for all of us out here. Thanks for always sharing your talent.
Jackie

CraftinGranny said...

Your flowers just keep getting better and better. Maybe you should start packaging them and selling. I know I'd be the first one to buys some. It's a gorgeous creations Selma and that butterfly is outstanding. "Hugs" Carol

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What can I say but "It's Gorgeous". Love that butterfly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails