Friday, March 18, 2011

Punched Camellia




Punches from Joan's Gardens used to create Camellia:
Super Giant Moth Orchids; Large delicate snowflake; Medium snowflake;
Medium ovid petal; Small ovid petal; Small pinwheel

Today I created a pink camellia flower and have included a picture of the punches I used.  When I lived where the weather was warm during the winter season, I had some beautiful camellia bushes and just loved them.   This is a 5.5" square card.  The designer paper is from a DCWV paper pad.  I will tell you a little story but promise not to laugh at me.  I found this designer paper and held it up and it looked like it was green and teal.  It is a metallic paper.  I created my card thinking I was picking up the teal (blue) in the design paper for the pendant, butterfly and the strip under the punched border.  Well when I took the card to the window to photograph it, there is no teal in the dp.  I thought I was going crazy.  Well what happened is that I am wearing a teal shirt and the metallic in the card picked up that color.   If you look in the right side of the card you can see the dp is green but if you look to the other side, doesn't it look blue???   Oh well.  I was not about to tear it apart!!!! 

The camellia was created using the punches listed above. I use a lightweight card stock from Joan's Garden's to create my flowers.   It was layered onto a Nestability Pendant with a glue pop dot.  Leaves from Heartfelt Creations were stamped and added under the flower along with some punched Martha Stewart branches

The border along the bottom was created  using the Martha Stewart "Doily Lace Trim" punch and layered onto a piece of teal card stock.  The sentiment and frame are from two JustRite stamp sets:  "Birthday Sentiments" and "Just A Note" sets.  They were stamped using blue ink then cut out with a scallop Nestie.  Each scallop was pierced then the edges sponged with blue ink.  A blue Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly was added to complete the card.

All the products used to create this project (except the design paper) can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Tomorrow I will be attending Joan's workshop via Skype. Monday Joan will be posting the projects I designed and I will post a tutorial for one of them.

11 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely jaw dropping breath taking beautiful!

CraftinGranny said...

Love the card, flower, and especially the great story behind the colors. Gorgeous!!! "Hugs" Carol

redwasher1 said...

Selma, another beauty my friend!!!

Diane said...

Beautiful beautiful...I love seeing your flowers..always breath taking.....and loved the teal story!!

Jose said...

Oh Selma 'WOW< WOW< WOW!' that is so gorgeous.
Jose

Barbara Jay said...

The card, the flower and the story about your teal shirt reflecting on the metallic paper are priceless!! TFS both

Glenda said...

Let's see now....Beautiful, Gorgeous, Breath taking, Awesome, Adorable, .....I'm running out of words here! Another amazing creation!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Simply gorgeous GF!

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful winner!
Jackie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

My two favorite things on your card.....butterfly and flower. You are a pro making those beautiful flowers!

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow Selma, I can't believe you made this gorgeous camillia out of those punches!!! How very creative! This is a beautiful card and someone will be a very lucky recipient! I also saw your lovely iris card on SCS but couldn't comment because I was on my work computer, but it was really really stunning! Great job on both cards! TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails