Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pink Daisy Birthday Card



Today I have been working on this card while on Skype with Joan during her workshop.  Sounds like everyone is having a good time creating their projects.  Joan will be posting them to her blog on Monday.

I wasn't quiet sure what I was doing when I started this card. The finished size is 5.5" square.  I wanted to make a a rosette to go under an opening on the card.  I tried to use the Tim Holtz rosette, but for this project it was too small, so I created a larger one by using two 12" strips of card stock and scoring it every 1/4".  I cut an opening in the front piece of my card using the largest scallop Nestability.  I didn't like the frame it left, so I use the same die and one just a little smaller and cut a frame that would fit inside the cut area.  It was embossed before taking it out of the die.  I like that look much better.  Because the scores of the rosette are 1/4" the thickness of this card is 1/4" thick.

The flowers were created using the Heartfelt Creations "Daisy Path Flowers Precut Set" and the matching Daisy Patch Dies.  The daisies were stamped using Colorbox Rose Coral ink then cut out with the dies.  I used two different size daisies and layered two together to create each flower.  They were shaped using the Flower Tool Kit from Joan's Gardens.  Four Sizzix branch leaves and four Sizzix "Architectural Accent #3" corners were die cut.  The white background was embossed with the Cuttlebug "Textile Texture" embossing folder.

The embossed front was attached to the large rosette with ScorTape.  The die cut corners were attached then the leaves.  The flowers were arranged over the leaves then Martha Stewart white branches were tucked in to fill some of the empty space.  Tiny pink clear beads were glued into the center of each flower.    The sentiment and frame are from JustRite "You Inspire Me".  The were stamped with black VersaFine ink and clear embossed then cut out with scissors.  It was attached in the center for the rosette with a dimensional glue dot.  Tiny pink pearls were added along the scallops showing on the right side of the card to balance the pink around the circle. 

Well I better get back to the workshop and see how everyone is doing.  Hope you are having a great weekend. 

All products used on the card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


23 comments:

Janie Printz said...

Selma this is just gorgeous ... I have the Tim Holtz rosette & keep trying to do something with it but after seeing your beautiful card I'm going to give it another try. LOVE this look & the wonderful creation you made with it.
Hugz, Janie

craftieodmae said...

Another breath taking creation!

Diane said...

Another stunning piece of art Selma...beautiful!! I love how you tuck the little white branches in here and there....gives it a whole other look...I have this punch and never think to use it like that.....

Carol L said...

What an outstanding, gorgeous card! The details are amazing, and I just LOVE those flowers!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Sheesh Selma... how do you do it? This is amazing! So elegant!

Nancy Jensen said...

Selma, your card turned out beautifully! Love it!

Chrissy said...

This is sooo beautiful Selma, gosh you do lovely things, so clever with your flowers, you are a real inspiration.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lana said...

Selma you just blew me away with this card, it is beyond stunning!!I am gona have to case this idea and give it a try!!!

Sillyfilly said...

This is a beautiful. Your are so talented. My daughter got me the flower book, tool kit and the pad for the flower making. Now to get some punches. Your posts are what swayed me to ask for these goodies for my birthday present. Thanks for your inspiration.

velta said...

HI Selma! I talked (ordered) from Joan on Friday and told her how gorgeous your creations have been...she told me all about your Skype and how you two talk back and forth together...what an ideal relationship you two have together. As for this card, there is no exception, it is just stunning...you have been such an inspiration to me and to others and I just want you to know that you are appreciated!

Liz said...

I can't say how much your blog inspires me. Everytime I visit I leave being so inspired and excited. I just wish I could get as much accomplished...lol
It really is a treat coming here...thank you!

Glenda said...

Selma, I have seen this technique done before, but your creation is so beautiful. This is definitely one I must try! Love those corners!

Karen W said...

Wow this is just gorgeous, I learned to score it before I cut it out, LOL much easier that way also. Just beautiful!!

Marthamh2 said...

This card is beautiful. Thanks for all of your inspiration and creativity.

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--I love the blue rosette on this card! I have never tried on, but after seeing this card, I may have to try it. Gorgeous card as always!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely AMAZING! Just too beautiful for words. Your creativity is unbounded and fruitful. Thanks for always sharing your wonderful, beautiful, amazing creations.

Jackie,
Oregon

Bev J. said...

Beautiful! Love all the flowers you create and daisies has to be a personal favorite of mine.

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Awesome card. Such wonderful details.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a beautiful piece of work! The white punches with the green leaves just give it such a soft look. And that rosette is something I've never done....what a wonderful background it makes!

Bette said...

Wow! Another beautiful card! Lucky recipient! I love your work and your flowers are just amazing. I'm sure you keep Joan busy mailing out those punches! I know my sister and I keep her busy. Thank you for being our inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time at Joan's Gardens (a little light on the garden part right now) with the projects you and she planned for us. WOW is the word. In fact, it looked like we were all having a lot more fun than you were stuck out there in your beautiful crafting room in the snow. Thank you so much for all the work you did to help Joan plan. I do give you lots of credit though for creating this beautiful card while tuned in to our workshop in Indiana. I love it and as I am destined to do, I will make one as nearly like it as my talent will allow. Chuckle. Thank you for the inspiration.

Colleen

Leanne said...

Selma...this card by far is BEAUTIFUL! What a nice idea making the middle like that. Great job! Blessings....Leanne

Elly said...

Wow, a gorgeous card Selma!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails