Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pink and Yellow Flora Grande






Good Morning.  Today I am posting one of the cards I designed for the Heartfelt Creations blog post this week.  You will want to check out their blog today to see lots of gorgeous cards created by the design team and to see a sneak peek of new the Springtime Cardinal Collection. This collection is debuting on April 12. There will be 8 new PreCut Sets. These new sets coordinate with existing exclusive Heartfelt Creations dies manufactured by Spellbinders.

I want to let you know this is my last week on the Heartfelt Creations design team.  With the blessings of Heartfelt Creations, I have decided to resign from the design team but will continue to design cards to promote all the Heartfelt Creation's new releases for Joan's Gardens.  I want to thank Linda and Emma Lou for their continued support.  It has been a pleasure and real honor to serve on the design team.  Starting with the next release April 12, Joan will be posting the cards I design using stamps in the new collections.  I love designing with Heartfelt Creations stamps and Joan is very happy to have samples ready to post when she announces these new releases.

You know how much I love to work with flowers so working with the Flora Grande stamps has been so fun.  Here are the Heartfelt Creations products used to design this card:  HCPC 3375 Flora Grande 1 PreCut Set; HCPC 3374 Flora Grande 2 PreCut Set; HCPC 3376 Distressed Leaves PreCut Set; HCPC 3377 Sympathy Sentiments; HCD 711 Decorative Dutch Iris Die.

This is a 5.5” square card. The designer paper used is Webster’s Pages. The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine black ink and clear embossed directly on the design paper. The flower was created by white embossing three sizes of the Flora Grande flower. Three different colors of card stock were used: light pink; pale yellow; and bright pink. There are three large light pink flowers, three medium size light yellow; one small dark pink and two small light pink flowers. After embossing and cutting the flower out, scissors were used to cut between each of the petals. Each petal was then shaped using a stylus and tweezers. The flowers were layered together using liquid glue. Two leaves were stamped on a bright green card stock and sponged with a darker green after they were cut out. The flourish was die cut and glued to the card, then the flower was attached with a dimensional glue dot. The two leaves were glued under the flower.

Thanks for stopping by.  Tomorrow I will be posting a card for the new Weekly Challenge at Joan's Gardens.  

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selma, everyday you out do yourself from the day before. Always amazing, beautiful creations! Thanks for sharing.
Jackie

Olena said...

This is fabulous! Love all details on card. Olena

craftieodmae said...

I absolutely love this flower, it's so soft and realistic!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

It is such a treat to visit your blog each day to see your wonderful, inspiring designs. I'm sorry you're stepping down from the Heartfelt DT, but I'll look forward to seeing your creations here and at Joans Gardens.

LorettaL said...

Selma, that flower you created looks like a peony and it is a real jaw dropper!!! AMAZING!

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... just gorgeous Selma! You are certainly the Queen of Flower Making!! I love yesterday's explosion box too! FABULOUS CREATIONS! Thanks for always inspiring me!! Hope you have a great day!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty! Perfect sympathy card... love the sentiment!

CraftinGranny said...

Stunning, beautiful, and a perfect sympathy card. Your flowers are just so awe inspiring Selma. Thanks for sharing with all of us. "Hugs" Carol

Jose said...

Magnificent, gorgeous! what more can I say, your flowers are stunning!
Jose

S Glup said...

Gorgeous flowers and work as always;0)...TFS
I want to share with you a recent award I received...
"The Versatile Blogger"
Please go to my blog,
"Highland Eyes" and pick it up, along with the rules;0)

}}}HUGS{{{,
Sheri G

Payne Holler Cards said...

looks so real! can almost smell the beautiful fragrance...
definitely our Queen of Flowers (-:

redwasher1 said...

Selma, as always your cards are such a delight to view and an inspiration!! I admire all your creations. Beautiful!!!

Glenda said...

When I saw this card on the Heartfelt Creations Blog, I knew immediately it was yours! Nobody does flowers like you! This one is so life like, it looks like the real thing! Just beautiful!

Nancy Jensen said...

Selma, every time I come to your blog I get blown away by your beautiful crafts. Keep it up! You put a smile on my face every day. :)

Gladys R. said...

Beautiful card. Love the
flower. Would love to see
a tutorial on how you made
the flower. I agree with
Darlene...you are the Queen
of Flower making.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Another beautiful flower! The various colors and the attention you give to the shaping just makes a gorgeous creation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails