Friday, March 25, 2011

Magnolia Punched Flower





I have been so excited to post this card.  I created that beautiful magnolia with the three punches shown above.  Using the medium pear punch, 13 ivory pears were punched.  The petals were sponged with dark grey ink then shaped using the Flower Tool Kit.   Using the medium sun punch, one ivory and three light yellow suns were punched.  A dark red marker was used to color the tips of the ivory sun.  All the punched suns were shaped and layered with the ivory sun on the outside.  The stamen in the center of a magnolia is cone shaped.  I was very pleased with the way it turned out.  It really made the flower!  The flower was placed on three leaves I stamped from a stamp in my stash (I don't know the name).

My inspiration for this flower came from the design paper used from the K&Company "Julianne" paper pack.  I think it turned out looking pretty close to the flowers in the paper.  What do you think?   Can you tell, I really love working with the punches from Joan's Gardens to create lots of different flowers. 

For the center of the card, I die cut the Nestabilities "Fleur De Lis" pendant using ivory card stock.  The sentiment is from the JustRite "You're So Sweet" stamp set.  It was black embossed on ivory card stock and cut out with the Nestabilities Lacy Circles die then layered on top of the Fleur De Lis Pendant. The final embellishment was a few green pearls.

All the products used to create this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

I just received a box from Joan's Gardens and in it are some of the new Cheery Lynn Lacy Doily dies she is now selling in her store.  Now I am very excited to go make a card using one of them.

Thanks for stopping by.  Would love to read your comments about my magnolia.

25 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Selma this is totally stunning.
Your flower is gorgeous and looks like you picked it off of your Magnolia tree. Great job.

I can't wait to see what you do with the Doily Die Cuts. They are so fun.

Thanks again for sharing with us!!!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh the is gorgeous.....looks so real.....thank you for sharing....awesome job...

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell you that your flowers are astonishing! You are very creative. Thank you so much for sharing your talent !

Have a nice weekend!

Brigitte
Gatineau, Québec, Canada

Becky Dunham said...

This is gorgeous Selma! I don't suppose you could do a video tutorial? I learn better visually :) If not, I will have to try it anyway. Thanks for sharing this fabulous project!

craftieodmae said...

wouldn't do me any good to try, I have the punches but no way would mine look like yours, this is awesome!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You did it again Selma... stunning! Can't wait to see what you do with the dies!

Dee in N.H. said...

That is gorgeous! I can't believe you made it with a pear punch! I'm so impressed!

CraftinGranny said...

That DP is gorgeous as is your card. My magnolia is budded with a few blooms opening up today. They are so beautiful when in full bloom. Thanks for the heads up on the punches you used. I'll try this as soon as mine arrive. "Hugs" Carol

Nancy said...

Wow, that magnolia blossom looks so real! Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

redwasher1 said...

Selma, you always totally amaze me with your stunning cards! Wow that flower is gorgeous!!!

velta said...

If you "wow" me anymore Selma, I think I will just faint! Everytime I visit, your creations just get better and better...There are times when the jealousy is really raising it's head...although I am not that kind of person at heart...I would love to come visit and get you to teach me your trade with flowers!!! Thank you for sharing your inspiration...I told Joan I just want to say "shut up I hate you!" But, you are just too good with your creations and I really love what you do. Again, thank you for sharing :)

Donna said...

Oh so pretty Selma! I am just in awe of your flowers. I need to find time to learn to do these. Thanks for the inspiration!

Bev J. said...

Queen of the Punched Flowers--that would be you. What a gorgeous creation-looks so real and a perfect match for the dp.

Evette K. said...

Oh Selma my weakness has always been flowers and glitter/bling. You did an outstanding job on this card. WOW!! As Joan said, I can not wait to see what u do with those fabulous new doily dies. Keep up your marvelous creations for us pions who need all the help we can get!!!! LOL LOL HUGS.

Paulla said...

I love coming to your site. Each day brings something beautiful! Thanks for keeping us inspired.

Paulla

Anonymous said...

Selma,

I love your Magnolia flower! I was really intrigued with the stamen in the center of the flower. I was wondering if you could tell exactly how you accomplished this. Thanks so much and have a great day.

Linda

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Excellent job duplicating the flowers in the paper. Oh so pretty!

Diane said...

Another beautiful punch flower...and so hoping to order some of these punches next month from Joans Gardens.....but how do I pick...I want them all!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. As your cards always are. Thanks so much for sharing your talent. You and your cards are just lovely.

Colleen

Anonymous said...

Another amazing creation by Selma! Love, love, love it!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Selma, absolutely love this. You continue to dazzle me with your talents. It looks almost REAL!! Thank you so much for sharing.

Ruth Gray

Kathy said...

I would never have purchased a pear punch....until now. Your flower is gorgeous and so life-like. Thank you for sharing.

Betty Neville said...

So gorgeous Selma! When I first looked at your card, I was drawn to your flower - I can't believe you made it! Really does look like the flowers in the dp!

Jean Pipp said...

Selma,
How gorgous are your Magnolias. You always do such wonderful work and I am ever anxious to see what you will do next. I immediately ordered the punches from Joan and I hope I can make my look somewhat like yours. thanks for always sharing your outstanding art ability.....happy day, Jean

Betty Benton said...

This Mississippi born and raised girl is loving your magnolia, Selma! Beautiful work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails