Monday, March 14, 2011

Joan's Tag Challenge #9






It's time for another tag challenge at Joan's Gardens.  I'm posting my tag early but want to remind you to go to Joan's Gardens and vote for your favorite tag in last week's challenge.  You have until 9 pm tonight to vote.

EDIT: I want to congratulate PATTI PAINTER who is the winner of last week's Tag Challenge.  You can see her beautiful tag here.

I have never really made many tags, except for Christmas, and I am having so much fun participating in the tag challenge Joan has every week.  This week I decided to use one of the flowers from the JustRite Mother Nature's Gifts Set.  I stamped the flower with Versamark Ink on white vellum four times.  I cut it out with scissors, making each layer smaller so it would have lots of layers like a real flower.  The vellum was colored on the back with  yellow and orange markers.  I forgot I wanted to spritz it with water and layered it using small pop dots before spraying it.  I wasn't sure how it would work, but spritzed it after it was layered.  It did help to curl the petals, but think it might have looked better if I would have spritzed each layer prior to assembly.  I used the heat gun to dry it before placing in on the tag.

I used a manila shipping tag and cut a piece of design paper from a "My Mind's Eye" paper pad.  The colors were a perfect match for my flower.  The bottom edge of the design paper was punched with the Martha Stewart "Daisy Dot" border punch.  I saved the little flowers that were punched out and added them to the top of the tag.  Several Sizzix branch leaves were die cut and tucked in under the flower. 

The sentiment is from the JustRite "You're So Sweet Set".  It was stamped using Black VersaFine ink and clear embossed it.  Using scissors, I cut around the frame then sponged it with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Ink.  A Cuttlebug border, that I have had for a very long time, was embossed on a narrow piece of vanilla card stock.  I pierced holes under each point of the zig zag design.  This border and the edges of the tag were sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Ink.

I hope you will join us this week in the challenge and start your collection of tags.  I have placed all my tags in a box and now I'm thinking they might make a great gift for someone.
 

14 comments:

Tammie Edgerton said...

Beautiful tag, Selma!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is a beauty Selma! Your flower is just amazing!

Diane said...

Beyond gorgeous......love the flower...love it all...!!!

Patti P. said...

Beautiful tag, I love the flower in vellum...that is something I don't use very much. I have some but just seem to hoard it.lol Need to get over that I guess. Beautiful colors and layers to this. tfs

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Chrissy said...

SOOO very pretty Selma.I love the flower.Just beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Mary Jo said...

Selma I love how you made the flower for the tag. The flower, colors--it is all sooo perfect.

velta said...

Your tag is beautiful Selma...love the flower just a beautiful work of art! Thank you for sharing :)

Nancy said...

Fantastic flower, Selma! Beautiful tag!

Donna said...

What a wonderful tag, Selma! Love that flower. You did a lovely job!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful!!! Your work always just blows me away!!

CraftinGranny said...

That flower is totally awesome Selma. Gorgeous tag and fantastic talent you share my friend. "Hugs" Carol

Winnie and Patty said...

Another beauty Selma!!!! TFS

S Glup said...

So I happened upon your blog 3 or 4 days ago and somehow lost you without saving it in my favorites....I have SERIOUSLY been searching high and low for you for the past 3 days!!! LOL....You are an amazing woman...Love your creations and thank you dearly for sharing with us your blessed talents;0)....YAY I found you...lol

}}}HUGS{{{,
Sheri G

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails