Monday, March 28, 2011

Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge




It's tag time!  Tomorrow the new tag challenge begins at Joan's Gardens.  Today you can go over and vote for your favorite tag from last week.  Today I have done something completely different from my other tags.  I used white card stock for my tag base.  It is the same size as the manila shipping tags I have been using in the past.  It is covered with design paper from a KaiserCraft design paper I have had for a while called "Lilac Avenue Collection". The corners were rounded using a corner rounder punch.

Don't you love this Iris from Heartfelt Creations Collection!  It is one of my favorite flower stamp sets and Joan has lots of them in stock right now.  I used two sets:  HCPC 3371 Dutch Iris Oval PreCut Set and HCPC 3373 Dutch Iris Medley PreCut Set.  The Iris in the oval was stamped and colored with colored pencils and OMS.  I cut it out with scissors to make it very dimensional.  In order to create layers, I stamped the single Iris, colored it,  and cut it out with the matching Iris die. I then cut out the bottom section and  part of the top portion to create a dimensional look.  These pieces were shaped using the Flower Tool Kit and attached with large dimensional glue dots.  I also shaped the green leaves to help them look dimensional.  It is so easy with the large white flower tool from the kit.

The background is one of those new die Cheery Lynn cut doilies you can now purchase from Joan's Gardens.  Don't you love all these new doily dies!  I used the Cheery Lynn "Canadian Kaleidoscope" doily.  It was a little to wide for my tag so I cut out one of the points to make it slightly smaller.  I pulled it together at the cut seams and pushed it down in the center.  It is attached with a foam dot to the tag.   The cut out area doesn't show because I layered the Iris over the cut portion.  The sentiment and frame are from the JustRite "You Inspire Me" stamp set.  I know - I use this set so much but it is so pretty I can't resist.  I used the new Spellbinder "Parisian Accents" under the JustRite sentiment and another piece from that set up at the top of the tag.  These pieces helped to give a dainty look to the tag.  A pretty lavender silk bow was added at the top.  The butterfly is from a sheet of Martha Stewart butterflies.  Yellow Stickles was added to the stamen of the flower and lavender rhinestones added to the sentiment and at the top.

I want to encourage you to create a tag for this week's challenge.  Tags are so fun to make and can make any gift very special.   Joan is going to have a great surprise for one person who enters the challenge this week.  Please go over to Joan's Gardens to see Joan's beautiful tag and to get all the details about the challenge.

All products used on this tag can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW! Jaw hanging open, this is incredible!!!! Love it.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is crazy gorgeous Selma! You make me want to make a tag!

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Selma, this is stunning gorgeous. I love everything about it!!!! What a great presentation.
Who would have ever thought tags could be so gorgeous. This is a gift itself.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

CraftinGranny said...

OMG Selma, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! "Hugs" Carol

redwasher1 said...

Selma, I'm speechless!! So beautiful!! WOW! I have made very few tags, but maybe I will give it a try.

Lana said...

Selma I can't find words to tell you how beautiful your project is today! What a true work of art this tag is!!!!!!!!!
Hugs

Glenda said...

Selma this is so beautiful! Such a wonderful piece. The dies work so well together. Well done, my friend!

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous Selma! So delicate and springy! And yes, I love this beautiful image and you've showcased it perfectly! Another BEAUTIFUL work of art! Thanks once again for inspiration! Have a great day!

Debby said...

Miss Selma your tag is luscious...yum...It is truly a stunner!

Pat said...

Again, another example of your creative talents, Selma.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The KaiserCraft paper is perfect for that flower. I have that paper pack too and love it. The new doilies are beautiful and the one you used goes so well with that die for the sentiment.

Anonymous said...

I guess I just will have to have some of those doily dies added to my collection. Just too beautiful. I love it, I love it.
Jackie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails