Thursday, March 10, 2011

Joan's Garden Weekly Challenge #9



Good Morning.  It is time for another Weekly Challenge at Joan's Gardens.  Before I get started, I want to thank all of you for your beautiful entries in last week's challenge.  There were over 100 entries and so much inspiration using JustRite Stamps.

Joan has been extremely busy this week with shipping and getting ready for her next workshop.  She asked me this morning to create a card for the challenge.  I wanted to use some design paper from a new pad I just received from Joan called "Stella and Rose" by My Mind's Eye.  All the pages in this pad are beautiful.   I do not use the color orange very often but loved the color combination in this paper.  I seldom build a card around a piece of design paper but found it fun to do.

The stamp set used is from the JustRite "Backyard Birds Set".  It should be time for the robins to appear but not the case where I live.  We are still getting lots of snow.  Where is spring????    I cut around the frame with scissors then mounted it on a blue Nestabilities Lacy Circles frame.  It was attached with dimensionals.  I really like the border on this JustRite stamp so tried to (kind of) duplicate it for the embellishment.  I used the Sizzix Birds and Branch die and layered two of the branches on the left side of the bird.  I created some orange blossoms using the"blossom" punch  I used yesterday for the Cherry Blossoms.  This punch is so versatile.  Two Cuttlebug corners were added on the top of the card, then a blue bow under the frame.  To complete the card, I decided to add some yellow Stickles to the center of all the punched flowers and the flowers in the border.

I hope you will join us in this challenge.  Here are the items Joan listed for this week's challenge: 
  • Use the colors orange and blue
  • Create a card with a spring theme
  • Use a die cut
  • Use a circle
 You can get all the details at Joan's Gardens.
All products used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

 Be sure to check back tomorrow for the winner of the JustRite prize package for last week's challenge and the other prizes from Joan's Gardens.

 Have a great day!

9 comments:

Diane said...

Very beautiful as always...love the color combo you chose, not one I would of thought of at all, so it will be fun to do...hope to have one to post later this week...and your flowers are gorgeous as always, too!!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh my, you make orange and blue a beautiful combination. Orange is not one of my fav colors except for fall and Halloween so this will be challenging. Nothing like a good challenge to get your juices flowing....

The flowers are awesome, as usual, and I adore the LO. Beautiful creation! "Hugs" Carol
ps. My punches are on the way, can't wait for box to arrive.

A Consuming Passion said...

Another fablous card Selma.....love the colour scheme orange and blue and your pretty spray of flowers is very clever!

Carol L said...

what a gorgeous card! I just love those orange flowers! I'm going to have to dig through my dp to find something with orange now:)

Jose said...

More gorgeous flowers, you always make them look so real!

Glenda said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love the orange and blue together. Who would have thought it could work so well together. As always your flowers are awesome!

Donna said...

Another stunning card, Selma! Love those soft colors and your flourishes in the corner are a neat idea!

craftieodmae said...

another piece of art Selma, you never cease to amaze me!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very timely design for this time of year. Love the die cut corners too. Great paper for the color challenge!

Robins have returned here. I always think of one winter when we had a Robin stick through all the weather. It sat in a tree outside our front window and was all plumped up. Couldn't believe it hadn't been smart enough to head south.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails