Saturday, January 29, 2011

Something a little different


Here is a different look working with flowers.  Joan sent me some new stamps by Studio 490, Wendy Vecchi and I used stamps from two different sets to create this card; "She Created Art" and "Botanical Art".  We are having a very cloudy day so I am disappointed the photo does not show the pretty colors on the flowers and butterfly.  I stamped two each of the flowers in the "She Created Art" set, using brown ink.  The writing is on the flower stamp and I really like that look. Two different Distress inks were sponged on them.  The butterfly is from the "Botanical Art" set and matches the flowers so well.  It was also sponged with the same inks.  Using tools from the Flower Tool Kit Joan sells, I shaped all the petals.  They were layered.  It is very dimensional but because I took the card looking straight down you can't see that.  Small beads were added to the center of the flowers.  The foliage was cut using the Sizzix "Decorative Accent w/Flower" die.  I over lapped the two flower stems cut from this die.  I also shaped them with the tools from the  Flower Tool Kit.

The background was created using a piece of textured card stock and embossing it with the Tim Holtz "Bricked" embossing folder.  I used a brown ink to sponge over the bricks then lightly used some black over it.  The greeting is from the same set as the flowers.  I love  what it says.  Three buttons from my stash were added to complete my card.

My DD has invited us over for dinner tonight and right now my DH is waiting for me to go watch a movie with him.  I'm having a great weekend and hope you are too. 

All products listed in "bold" can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

14 comments:

Betty Benton said...

It is a different look for you, Selma, but I like it!!

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is simply beautiful with all the texture.

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love it! So pretty!

Payne Holler Cards said...

it is different and I like it - need to check out Joan's flower tool kit...your evening sounds wonderful (-:

velta said...

Cloudy or not Selma...another beautiful creation from you...you never cease to please :)

redwasher1 said...

It's beautiful Selma!!!! I love all your flower cards!!

craftieodmae said...

different but still gorgeous! Wouldn't expect anything less from you!

Glenda said...

You are like a country singing star crossing over to pop! You handle it well! Very beautiful!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma what an adorable card. I love this new look. It is a nice mix with what you already do. And, like you it is great learning new things. Great job!!!!!!!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Darlene said...

Certainly not the USUAL Selma style but absolutely gorgeous none the less! Is there ANY FLOWER you can't make?? LOL!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

And here I didn't think I would be able to use that Tim Holtz embossing folder. I love it with those flowers!

Janet said...

I love your new change of style! Super card.

Janet xx

Bev J. said...

I love your card especially the text on the flowers-Pretty.

Mary G. said...

Selma, I LOVE this. Yes, it's so different from your other cards, but, boy, you really outdid yourself on this one!!!! It's gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails