Thursday, January 13, 2011

Joan's Garden Weekly Challenge #2

View of card when closed

View when card is opened

Side view

I am late in posting my card for Joan's Garden Challenge #2 because I had to be away from home today.  I wanted to use some more of the stamps in the HeartFelt Creations "Daffy Daffodils PreCut Set" to show you another stamp in it.  I created a daffodil garden.  This is a 5.5 inch square "Easel" card.  In my haste to complete the card, I picked up the wrong designer paper -- it is suppose to be striped for the challenge -- can I say I have a strip going two directions?   Not really huh!  

I used one of my favorite Martha Stewart punches called "Double Arches" to create a border behind the daffodils.  I only punched on three sides of the green textured card stock so I could leave a straight edge on the bottom.  Using another piece of the green card stock, I punched out a Martha Stewart grass border.  Five daffodils with the stem/leaves were stamps and five daffodil flowers were stamped and colored with Copic markers. The flowers were cut out with the matching Springtime Medley Die. The grass border was attached to the double arches punched piece and attached only around the edges so I could tuck the flowers down behind the grass.  Normally when you stamp just the flowers in this set you would probably layer them over other stamped images.  I wanted to create a full garden so tucked the five "plants" in then scattered just the flowers in between.  Does that make sense?  The flowers are not layered on top of each other.  

A piece of designer paper was attached to both the top and inside of the card.  Another Double Arches border was punched and attached across the top of the card (it is on the top portion of the easel card and does not show when the card is opened in the easel position.  Two Martha Stewart butterflies were added.

A Martha Stewart Eyelet Heart was punched, sponged and added to the lower section of the easel. A yellow button was attached to the center of it with a glue dot. The pretty greeting is from the Heartfelt Creations "Inspire Me Sentiments PreCut set".  It was cut out with an oval Nestie and attached on dimensionals. To complete the card a yellow silk bow was added.

I love working with this new stamp set from Heartfelt Creations.  You can pre-order yours from Joan's Gardens.  She also has a supply of the Martha Stewart "Double Arches" punch.

Hope you will join us in this week's challenge.  Be sure to go over to Joan's Gardens blog to see Joan's gorgeous card and read all about the challenge.  Remember there is always a winner for each weekly challenge and that person will be put in a drawing at the end of the year for a $100 gift certificate from Joan's Gardens

19 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Haven't been by for a while as this house is mad at the moment!!! Will hae to come back and check to see what I've missed..........This is a beautiful Easel card so fresh and pretty. As always your attention to detail is amazing Selma!

Payne Holler Cards said...

just amazing! dont know how you can come up with such beauties!!
hoping to get back into challenge routine this weekend - need to get caught up on so much!

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW! I am speechless... and that doesn't happen very often! This is stunning!

April said...

So gorgeous! I love it!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

What a fabulous card! Absolutely gorgeous!! It reminds me of all the daffodils that are planted on the interestates around St. Louis. I am so ready do see those daffodils. In the meantime I'll just enjoy your beautiful daffodil cards.

Glenda said...

Be still my heart!!! This is drop dead gorgeous! I wish my mind worked like your.....so many wonderful ideas! Can't wait to see what you do next!

craftieodmae said...

where do you come up with such breath taking ideas???/ This is priceless

Colleen said...

Selma,
This card just takes my breath away! It is stunning. I love every detail. It just jumps off my screen as if I could touch those flowers. One lucky person will receive this one!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

When I look at this card it makes me smile. I can not wait for my sea of daffodils in the spring. I hope it is a good year for them. Last spring there were lots of leaves and not as many blooms. This is just so pretty, Selma!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Selma. The flowers and all the embellishments work so well together!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, your card is a breath of fresh spring air. Beautiful detail and I love the design. Fantastic job! And, yes, you can count the stripes going both ways.
Remember, I am easy.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #2 Weekly challenge. I hope everyone will come and look at your gorgeous card.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I don't think to make Easel cards very often but I think they are so fun. I love this one with the Daffodils!!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh wow how gorgeous. I love daffodils and you are making me yearn for the a spring view like this out my window. I love the heart punch too - haven't seen that one so being heart crazy I will be looking for it. Gorgeous bow too.

Anonymous said...

Another WOW!

Ruth

Barbara Colbert said...

WOW!!! This is a beauty!!!! You really out did your self...stunning and LOVE the daffodils!! This is a marvelous easel card! WOW!!!

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma, your creativity is amazing. This card is gorgeous and so creative! I just love it! TFS

velta said...

Selma ~ Another creative beauty from you!!! I really get a lot of inspiration from you...Just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Very, Very Cute, !!!! Charlene

Darlene said...

WOWZA! How'd I miss this one! FANTASTIC!! I'm tellin' you ... you are constantly making my jaw drop!! LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails