Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday



Tonight I am posting a card I made earlier today but before I could take a photo, I had company arrive and they didn't leave until it started getting dark.  It was impossible to get a picture showing the true bright pink color of this card.  I don't know the name of this style card.  I remember seeing cards similar to this and just made some cuts and scores to come up with it. 

Joan's Gardens is now carrying the Studio 490, Wendy Vecchi, stamps and I have combined two different sets here.  The flower is from the "Botanical Art" set.  The stamp is solid rubber so I used a bright pink and a purple marker to color right on the rubber and two different colors of green for the stem and leaves.  It was misted with water before stamping on glossy card stock.  A second flower was stamped and just the flower was cut out so I could make it dimensional.  The design was cut out with a Nestabilities Labels Seventeen.  I attached it to black card stock and cut a mat around it with scissors. 

The flourishes and number border along the bottom are from the Studio 490 "Art Parts" set.  They were black embossed on the card.    The verse is from the JustRite "Just A Note" set.  It was embossed in black an cut out with the Nestabilities Lacy Circles die.  Both the flower and the greeting were attached with dimensionals.  In order to add some more black to the card I cut four small pieces of black/white dotted design paper and added them to each side.  A black/white dotted Swiss bow was added to complete the card. 

All the products used to create this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


13 comments:

Brenda said...

Very pretty card Selma!

Chrissy said...

MY kind of card Selma, fold it, cut it, score it,and make it fit...great card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, gorgeous card. I love how you incorporated 2 sets of Wendy's Vecchi 490 Stamps and made them very feminine. Great job!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Glenda said...

It seems like I'm always saying the same thing here. I don't mean to bore you but each and every thing you do is amazing! Lots of talent in your little fingers!

Donna said...

What an unusual fold. I've never seen a card like this before. Can you share the instructions for how to fold this one? Great job!

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me Selma! You just remembered how to make this card! For us that DON'T remember to know how to do it, is there going to be a tutorial or a link on how to do it? I like the style, and it anything but a usual card!! Are you going to let us in on the HOW? :0)

Have a great day! You are a wonderful, gifted, and talented lady!! SOOOOO glad I am getting to see your wonderful creations!! Donna

Colleen said...

Selma,
This one is truly amazing with all the folds and cuts I love the stamps too!

Anonymous said...

love this card, may I have the directions


Renee Nowell

Payne Holler Cards said...

these are new stamps to me - will have to check them out
your card is fab - love that you figured it out wo template!

Michelle said...

Hi Selma

What a great card, I have not seen this fold before, looks fantastic.

Michelle :-)

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is amazing... looks really bright even with poor lighting! Bet it really pops IRL!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow this is great. Love this fold, it's very neat looking.

Anonymous said...

Selma:
Oh my gosh - that box is positively out of this world and beyond fantastic. I love how you kept the theme on the inside. Did you see a tutorial on Google? I have made a 12 panel accordian card for my son but would love to do this for his birthday. Any idea when you'll be coming out with the tutorial? I wonder if once the box was open I couldn't do many of his hobbies on the inside - I don't want it to look "junky" but somewhat elegant too. Thanks so much - it's just beautiful.

Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails