Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rejoice


I think I am finally all ready for Christmas with the exception of baking some "goodies".  I am going to have my grandkids help me with that.  It is so much fun to see their creative ideas when it comes to making cookies.  Then hopefully this evening we will get our holiday trays delivered to our neighbors.  The snow has been falling so we will be having a beautiful white Christmas. 

Today I'm posting another 5.5" square card. The designer paper is from the DCWV Winter Wonder stack. On each corner I attached a pretty silver trim with ScorTape. The flower was created using 12 large petals and 6 smaller petals from the Heartfelt Creations "HCPC 3313 Perfect Petal Medley PreCut Set".  They were silver embossed on burgundy card stock then cut out with the matching dies "HCD 704 Perfect Petals Diecuts" . The tip of each petal was twisted to give them shape. The flower was created using a punched six point snowflake for the base to evenly space each layer of the petals. A smaller silver snowflake was used for the center of the flower then a silver bead added. The greeting "HCPC 3351 Cardinal With Holly Berries PreCut Set"  was longer but I only wanted to use the word “Rejoice” so I used a VersaMark Pen to ink up just that word, then silver embossed it. It was cut out with a Spellbinder Sm Scalloped Octagon die. Each scallop was pierced then the edges silver embossed. It was attached with a dimensional glue dot. A pretty lacy bow was added to complete the card. The design paper has glitter in it so this makes a very sparkly card.

It has been so much fun this year creating my Christmas cards using stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations.  Now I am excited about the new  Springtime Medley Collection which is scheduled to make it's debut on January 12, 2011;  it features 5 new PreCut Stamp sets and 1 Exclusive die. I will be busy working with this new collection.  You know me -- I love to work with flowers so I will be having lots of fun creating lots of samples for you to see on the Heartfelt Creations blog.


 I appreciate you stopping by to see my work.  Enjoy your weekend.


11 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card, Selma! Throughout the year I have been so inspired by your cards and I've learned a lot. Heartfelt Creations was only one of my finds from your blog. I also found Joan's Garden through you so I have a lot to thank you for in 2010. Looking forward to a year of your wonderful creations in 2011. May the Lord bless you and your family this holiday season. Merry Christmas!

Blissmade Designs said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the flower looks great!

CraftinGranny said...

Another simply stunning and gorgeous card Selma. Have fun today baking with the kids and delivering your goodies in the snow. What a wonderful way to start of the Christmas week. "Hugs" Carol

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm at a loss for words... that's very unusual for me LOL! This is amazing, that poinsettia is stunning! Have fun with those gkids!

Janice M said...

Beautiful card Selma! LOVE that bow it's so unique! I baked cookies most of the day yesterday with my Mom, now to not eat to many!

Betty Benton said...

Your card is a blessing to my eyes today, Selma! Just gorgeous!

redwasher1 said...

So beautiful!!!! I love the colors!!

Glenda said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors you chose and your poinsettia is amazing! You totally inspire me!

Colleen said...

Selma,
This color combo has to be one of my very favorites I've seen on your blog. This is just stunning! I hope you and the grand kids have a wonderful time baking.

Debby said...

Your card is pretty as always. The colors you chose are lucious, maybe I think so because they are my two favorite...LOL..thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Mary Jo said...

Selma this card is stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails