Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Old Grist Mill


When we lived in Vancouver, WA, one of our favorite trips was to drive up to the Grist Mill just north of where we lived.  They did tours every weekend and actually ground different flours you could take home.  This stamp, from Heartfelt Creations, reminds me of those fun trips.  This stamp and die are from the new Heartfelt Creations "Window Scene" Collection
.
The background paper is from the Basic Grey “Origins” paper pad. The grist mill was stamped on white card stock and colored with colored pencils and oms. The frame was cut out and centered over the design. I traced around the inside edges of the frame then cut out the design slightly larger to fit in the window. It was attached to the inside edge of the window with liquid glue. The flowers were made by stamping six Heartfelt Creations  Posy Patch flowers and three slightly smaller posies. They were cut out with the matching dies. To create the flowers I shaped them then layered two of the larger flowers and one smaller one together. I cut green card stock for the centers. Five fern type leaves were punched. The greeting was stamped and cut out with one of the Nestability Ribbon Tags Trios. Two layers of ribbon were run through the ends of the tag and attached to the card with ScorTape. The Posy Patch flowers and punched leaves were arranged in the corner and a bow added to complete the card.


Heartfelt Creatioins Products used: HCPC 3355 Scenic Combo PreCut Set; HCD 708 Fancy Window/Frame Die; HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers PreCut Set; HCD 701 Posy Patch Diecuts

You still have time to enter Joan's 25th Challenge with a card you make using Heartfelt Creations Stamps.  I'm sure you would love to win that grand prize of stamps donated by Heartfelt Creations. 


12 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Selma. Looks like some of the beautiful mills in Indiana too. I love the colors you used!

Myrna said...

Selma
I love your card. Matter of fact I love your site.
I was wondering what size your cards are?
I always have problems fitting all the stuff I want into an 5x7 card.
Myrna

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful Selma!!! I love the gorgeous view out the window!!!

Glenda said...

Good morning! Again I'm never disappointed when I visit! I just love all the creativity going on here! This is lovely!

craftieodmae said...

You never cease to amaze me, this is so gorgeous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty! Lovin your flowers... need some time to practice and play with my new stuff!

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your new posting this morning and I have to tell you how great you are--I am amazed and so pleased with all of your postings--I can't wait to see your message each time--my friend found your site and we are there almost every day checking out everything we can--you do such beautiful work---I so appreciate every thing I've seen--Thank You for sharing--Carol Englert

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is really cute.

Dianna said...

Selma,

I really like all of the creative ways you have been using the Fancy Window Frame Die.

And as you said in your instructions, this does remind a person of the Grist Mill, up in my neck of the woods.

Very pretty card.
Dianna

CraftinGranny said...

Yep, you did it again!! Beautiful creation. Now that I won some Heartfelt Stamps maybe I'll get to play in Joan's challenges. Thank you for all the inspiration I always find here. "Hugs" Carol

Joan said...

Beautiful card! We have a Grist mill or 2 in Virginia also!

Lenoria said...

This is one of my favorite sets, and I love the window frame.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails