Thursday, December 9, 2010

Joan's Garden Challenge #26


Are you getting excited to see who won the Joan's Gardens challenge last week.  Joan will be posting the winners  of  the grand prize donated by Heartfelt Creations plus the three winners of the prize packages from Joan's Gardens, this afternoon. 

This is the last challenge for 2010 for Joan's Gardens.  It is a very easy one.  Here are the requirements.   Make a card or project this week and use the following:

1. Use some kind of snow or snow flakes
2. White is the color for the week, so make sure you have white on your card
3. Do some Chalking
4. Create some kind of a window look

The stamp set I used is Heartfelt Creations HCPC 2134 Holly Border-Cardinal Branch PreCut set".  It was stamped and colored with a combination of Copic markers and colored pencils.  The background was chalked in yellow to highlight the cardinal.  It was cut out with a Nestability Labels One.  I needed a window for the challenge so used the same die and place the next smaller one inside it to cut a frame.  It was adhered over the design.  This was placed over a square that I used the Martha Stewart "String Lace" punch to create the border.  A larger 5 1/4 in frame was created using the Martha Stewart Snowflake border punch.  I saved the snowflakes that were punched out.  I cut a square to fit inside this snowflake border and embossed it with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  The String Lace border was attached with dimensional dots. 

The verse is from one of the new JustRite Cling stamp sets "Simple Blessings".  It was cut out with one of the new JustRite Nestabilitie dies.  I was so happy to see these new dies that fit so many of the JustRite greetings. A "icicle" Martha Stewart border was punched and added above the stamped image.  I added sparkly diamond glitter to the icicles then across the top added another line of "Twinklets" Diamond Dust.   Diamond glitter was also added to each of the little snowflakes. 

All the products used to create my card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

I hope you will join us in this week's challenge. 

17 comments:

Gretchen Wilson said...

Oh how pretty Selma - it doesn't surprise me thought with your talent.

Glenda said...

I always thought when a cardinal called it sounded like "purty, purty, purty". That is what I think about your card! It is so purty! Well done, my friend!

craftieodmae said...

ah Selma, another master piece, this is gorgeous!!!!! I love all the white and how the Cardinal just pops!

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this is just beautiful. It reminds me of a Victorian ladies hankie. Fabulous! TFS

Darlene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Selma! Love all the WHITE and panels ... really makes the cardinal pop! Thanks again for inspiration!

April said...

Just beautiful!

Karen W said...

Wow this is just stunning, all the white really makes the cardinal pop out. Exquisite!!!!

Sharon said...

This card is so gorgeous. I love it.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- this is soooo pretty!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sparkly and pretty! I love the icicles and the snowflake borders.
Thank you for sharing! :o)

Shawne said...

Just saw this on splitcoast, it is stunning, love all of the texture with the white!

Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite. It is knock your socks off beautiful.
Colleen Horner

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty. I love cardinals and this frame really sets him off beautifully.

Thanks for sharing!
Jackie

Janice M said...

This is absoluetly Beautiful Selma! Love the crisp white and all the sparkle!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is truly stunning! The cardinal certainly pops with all the white background,. Great job!

Sharon, beautiful card. Looks like a monring in Indiana. It is still snowing here!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #26 Weekly Challenge. This certainly has been fun!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

redwasher1 said...

Selma this incredibility beautiful!!!

Sharon Peele said...

Wow Selma This beautiful and I do mean beautiful!! I love the icicles! Wonderful job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails