Saturday, December 11, 2010

Country Snowman



We have some more bad weather predicted so today I plan to go into town to hopefully complete my Christmas shopping.  I always hate to go on the weekends but need to get it down before my grandkids arrive next week.    I will not have any stamping time so I am posting a card I made for HFC.  The new cards have been posted on the Heartfelt Creations blog and this is one I created.  Be sure to check out all the beautiful projects created by the design team plus there are some great sales listed for Limited Edition Precut sets and  Blue Hill Studio Punches.

This is a 5.5 inch card. A piece of red card stock was cut slightly smaller and attached to the front. Using a 5-inch square I scored every inch going both directions to create a tile effect on the card. On the “valley” side I stamped the Heartfelt Creations Country Snowman using black ink. Using Copic markers, the image was colored, trying to avoid the valley creases. A poinsettia was created using the Regal Poinsettia stamp. It was stamped twice using Tim Holtz Brick Red ink on red card stock. They were cut out using the Blossom die. The back petals of one of the flowers were cut off then it was layered on the other flower. Gold beads were added to the center. Martha Stewart green branches were added under the flower. The greeting from the Single Snowflakes set was stamped and I cut around each word so I could place them in the center of three different squares. Five Martha Stewart punched snowflakes were added. Glitter was added to complete the card.

Heartfelt Creations Products used:  1049G Country Snowman; HCPC 2291 Regal Poinsettia 2 Precut Set; Blossom 2 Nestabilities; HCPC 3344 Single Snowflakes PreCut Set;

Have a wonderful weekend.


12 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Beautifully done Selma! I would never have though to have scored this but it really adds depth and is quite gorgeous. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! "Hugs" Carol

Chrissy said...

That is so effective.A really awesome card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Myrna said...

Selma
This is beautiful.
I so appreciate you posting the sizes of your cards. Makes it so much easier to visualize.
Thanks
Myrna

HappyCrafter said...

So cute! I like how you did the scoring effect, very neat!!

Mary G. said...

Selma, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love how you did the scoring and the snowman image is fabulous! TFS!

Glenda said...

What a lovely card! Love the scoring you did. It almost makes it feel like looking through a window! Well done!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- this is awesome-love the tile effect!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love the "tile" effect. Very nice.

Ruth

Donna said...

This is such a fun card. Hope you don't mind if I case this idea. I love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This snowman is so adorable, love the flower with the punches and the snowflakes.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love it! It is such a cute design and I really like the dimension you gave it with the scored lines. Wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

How adorable. I love that snowman! Love how you did the words. Very creative.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails