Friday, November 19, 2010

Snowman


I had so much fun playing with this snowman.  This is one of the new Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix dies called Winter Wonder and one of the Movers & Shapers Repositionable Magnetic Dies. Check out Joan's Gardens to see all the fun Tim Holtz products.  These Movers & Shapers dies are neat because you can place them anywhere to cut out the words. 

Mr. Snowman is sending you lots of LOVE.  He was die cut using white card stock then I dressed him up.  I wanted a little dimension to his body so cut him out twice so I could layer the middle section over the bottom of the body. The bottom section of the body was cut off and I layered the top part on.  Can you see where I did that? Using small scraps of card stock, I place brown over the twig arms and cut them out, then placed a piece of black over the hat so I wouldn't have to color these parts.  I think it turned out great.  I placed the movers and shapers die on the lower part of the body and cut out the word love then chalked around the letters and the outside of the snowman with blue ink.  I cut out a band for the hat out of plaid design paper then cut out pieces for a scarf using scissors.  I fringed the ends of the scarf by making small cuts along the edges.  I cut a small circle to resemble a knot.  I wasn't sure I could make it look like a scarf but think it turned out pretty good. I could have just tied a ribbon but wanted the challenge of making it out of stripped design paper.   

A small black brad was added for his eye.  I used a white pen to put a white dot in it.  Two flat backed beads were added for the buttons.  A small Heartfelt Creations stamp was used to create the flower for his hat.  I wanted some very small snowflakes but didn't really have a punch small enough so I used one of my Martha Stewart border punches that punches out very small flowers and used the flowers for the snowflakes.  Hope you think they look like a snowflake.  A silver rhinestone was added to the center of each one. 

The trees were created using the Tim Holtz Alterations Tall Pines embossing folder.  I cut them out with scissors and colored them lightly with Distress Ink.  To ground the snowman and the trees, I cut two rows of snow from white card stock.  Joan has this really cool stuff called Twinklets Diamond Dust and that is what I used for snow.  I just added DG3 Art Gel where I wanted the Diamond Dust then sprinkled it on.  What a pretty glittery effect it gave my card.  It took a little time to dress up this cute snowman, but it was definitely lots of fun working on this card. 

Well they are predicting a big snow storm here in a few days.  Maybe we will have a chance to go out and build a real snowman!   I'm not really looking forward to that though. LOL

Let me know what you think about my snowman.  If you want to create one you can order all these products from Joan's Gardens.  Did you see the post Joan put up this morning showing you the new Heartfelt Creations  stamps and beautiful die that will be released soon.  You can pre-order these stamps  from her now. 

12 comments:

Debbi said...

What an awesome card! I think your snowman is so creative!!
*smiles*
debbi

Mary G. said...

WOW! This card is FABULOUS!!!! I love everything about it! You did a wonderful job!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Boy this sounds like it was pretty labor intensive! Well worth the work... absolutely amazing!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, I wish everyone could have heard you while you were making this card. You were like a kid in a candy store---having so much.

Your card is adorable. I love all the detail work you did on it.
I am like you, I just love Tim's new things. Great job Selma!

Stephanie said...

This card is absolutely fantastic! I love how you layered the pieces of the snowman and added the band on the hat and the scarf! He looks adorable!!! Love the idea to put the LOVE on his bottom circle...I wasn't interested in those movers and shapers dies until I saw this card!! Thanks so much for the inspiration and sharing!

Anonymous said...

Pretty cute alright!
Jackie

Chrissy said...

He's totally sweet.Great job. Love it.
CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L - just love your snowman with ATTITUDE. Thank you Selma.

Mary Mac

Debby said...

I think your snowman looks great!

Colleen said...

Selma,
This snowman is just as cute as can be! I love those trees, that folder is on my lists. A lists that just get longer every day LOL.

Lisa J said...

This is such a wonderful idea to use his "bottom" snowball as the sentiment! Pure GENIUS!

TFS!

Nana Griffin said...

Love how you put this card together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails