Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Get Well Wishes




Today I made a card for someone special.  I have severe back problems and have to go in for treatment once a week.  One of the ladies that works on me is going in for surgery tomorrow. We have developed a very special friendship.   I have made a little card to go with some flowers I am going to take to her.  I used one of the stamps in the JustRite "Autumn Blessings" set.

To create the embossed frame on this card I used the new Cuttlebug "Grace's Frame".  After embossing it, I cut the center out with a Nestabilities "Label Ten" die and backed the opening with a piece of design paper from "My Minds's Eye.  The JustRite image was stamped and colored using Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS.  It was cut out with an oval Nestie and each scallop pierced.  A glitter pen was used to color the center of the daisies and clear glitter was added to the petals of the flowers.  I stamped get well wishes then added green pearls to complete the outside.  I have included a picture of the inside as well.  

Wishing you a speedy recovery Laura.

All the products used for this card were purchased from Joan's Gardens.

8 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Selma! You need to take care of your back - sounds very painful! I'll be thinking of Laura tomorrow, and saying a few extra prayers that she heals well and quickly from her surgery. lol...I'm beginning to wonder if you are on the payroll at JG and JR! Beautiful work, as usual!

Selma said...

How funny Patti. No I am not on the payroll for either one. Just love working with their products. I have gotten to know these people and they are all fabulous, so love doing business with them.

craftieodmae said...

Selma this is absoultely gorgeous! I love the way you did the frame, very clever. Praying your friend heals fast!

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is just so pretty! I hope your friend is ok and has a speedy recovery!

The Other Patti Sue said...

How pretty! Your friend will cherish it for sure!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Selma - I hope all goes well for your friend......this little card is sure to cheer her though!

Velta said...

I am with you on the back probs...take care and go slow Selma. Your card is just lovely! I just purchased that CB frame from Joan...and have yet to use it...but it will be done...your use is just stunning...well wishes to your friend :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is one CB folder that I don't have......it sure makes a great frame and gives lots of room for doing something in the middle of it. Sorry you have to have weekly appointments for your back. Hope your friend does well in her recovery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails