Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cherish the Memories

 This project was created for the JustRite Friday Challenge.  This challenge is to create something back-to-school related.  I couldn't think of anything to make then thought about my friend, who is a teacher, and what she might like to have.  She loves to jot down memorable things that happen during the school year and refer back to them.  I think it is such a great idea, so I decided to make her a "pretty" journal for her to record these memories in. 

The front of the journal was covered with a piece of Graphic 45 design paper.  It is one of my favorite.  It was backed with a piece of dark green card stock to frame the pretty roses.  A piece of crocheted lace was added down the middle. 

The JustRite "Baroque Nested Frames" were white embossed on Kraft card stock and layered with dimensionals.  The verse is from the JustRite "Cherish the Memories" set.  It was also white embossed, cut out, and attached with dimensioinals.  I wanted to put the school year on the front so used the JustRite smallest "Baroque Nested Frame" on the clear stamping block and added the numbers from the JustRite "Special Occasions, 50 point font set".  This frame matches the crochet trim very well, doesn't it. 

I needed to add a little more dimension and elegance to the front of the journal, so I made some peach colored vellum roses and added them along with a few vellum leaves.  To complete the journal, I added a few pearls. 

The products I used are all available from Joan's Gardens.

Thanks for visiting again today. 

20 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow Selma, it's gorgeous, you did such a beautiful job on it and the peach flowers finish it off perfectly!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Selma this is just gorgeous! Your friend will treasure it and think about you every time she writes something down.

April said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the flowers!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! She will love it!

Mary Jo said...

very nice.

Liz Weber said...

Wow Selma this is just gorgeous. Love your stamping and just love the idea of this gorgeous little book.

Marge said...

Very pretty, Selma -- she'll surely LOVE it!!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Your journal is lovely Selma! What a great gift for your friend. Beautiful colours too!

Mary G. said...

Beautifully done, Selma! I'm sure your teacher friend will love this!! Working in a school myself, I can just imagine some of the "memories" she'll jot down in this fabulous book!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wowzers... it's so pretty I would hate to use it! It would be one of those cherished treasures!

redwasher1 said...

Wow! Selma your project is just stunning!!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is so beautiful. your teacher friend will be thrilled.
Love that paper!!

Betty Benton said...

Selma, this is stunnning!! What a wonderful thing to do for your friend -- it is certainly a memorable start for her year!

Sheri said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love the soft colors!

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful project Selma. Your friend is just going to fall in love with it when she receives it. Things made with love for those we care about are always precious keepsakes. This will be a gift she will treasure forever.
"Hugs" Carol

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is amazing as always! I think your friend is very lucky to have such a wonderful person as you in her life. She will love this journal I'm sure. I hope you and you granddaughter had lots of fun at Hobby Lobby!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Another project using that beautiful paper and your flowers! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

This is even prettier "up close"...I'll have to get my nested sentiments rolling with some white embossing powder...that really added a lot of pop!

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--all I can say is BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!!! TFS Patty

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Selma! I just LOVE this paper ... and your idea is PERFECT for a teacher ... another awesome job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails