Sunday, June 13, 2010

More Vellum flowers and a Challenge


Good Morning. It is bright and early and I have two cards to post today. The first one was made when I was in Chicago at Pam's house (Stampin' Pam). She was working on a school project so I had a chance to see and "play" in her very organized and well equipped stamping studio.  She has a wonderful display of the gorgeous projects she has posted on her blog -- what an amazing designer!   Now to the card; I had so many choices and decided to work with this beautiful vine image.  I believe it is from PTI.  I had just punched a bunch of vellum flowers to leave with Pam, and ended up using some of them to make the tiny flowers for this design.  I did not have time to finish the card because it was time to head down to see if we could find JustRite stamps before Pam dropped me off to visit another friend, not far from there.  Pam completed the card.  She also posted this card and you can read her post here.  I love the tiny little flowers on the vine.


Last night Pam sent me the picture of the finished card I had started at her house after I finished making this card for Linda's Blast From the Past challenge on StampTV.  I had to laugh  because it was also made using had some yellow vellum flowers.   This card was made using a  stamp from Gina K's "Spring Mix" StampTV kit.  I thought it would be fun to give the flowers a dimensional look.  A Fiskars border punch was used at the top and the vellum flowers added where the holes of the punched out flowers.  These tiny vellum flowers also fit perfectly on the post of the mailbox.  To make these flowers I used the smallest flowers from the MS punch and added a tiny pearl to the middle. 

Linda's  Blast From the Past Challenge is to use colored pencils and oms.  That is how the mailbox was colored.  The leaves in the border punch really match the leaves on the mailbox don't they; and the vellum flowers are exactly the same size as the stamped flowers.  It really seemed to all go together.   The top of the mailbox was stamped twice and attached with dimensionals.  Isn't that squirrel cute!  The verse is also from the same stamp set.  It was sponged prior to taking it out of the Nestie.  The card stock and ribbon are from the StampTV kit.  The left side of the "fresh asparagus" card stock was embossed with the argyle Cuttlebug embossing folder.  A piece of Gina's yellow gingham ribbon was added along the side then I tried something new.  I placed a piece of ScorTape down the center and puckered up the grosgrain ribbon to give it some dimension.  I'm not sure if I like the look or not.  What do you think? 

Vellum Flower tutorial here.

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both creations are beautiful works of art! Love the vine images!

Mary G. said...

Both cards are fabulous but I just LOVE that buttercup card!!!

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely beautiful for both cards!!

craftieodmae said...

Both cards are priceless!!!!!

AKiteFlier said...

you are going to force me to buy those punches aren't you! LOVE this one. You MUST teach me how to make clouds. I'm not very good at it.

Beverly robinson said...

Selma, your bog is fabulous....Beverly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails