Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Box for cards






Yesterday I told you I was going to make a box for a variety of greeting cards I am sending my sister for her birthday.  This is what I came up with. 

This is a 6x6" box.  I used one of the 6x6 Webster's Pages for the top. Strips from a larger piece of Webster's Pages dp were cut to decorate the sides of the bottom of the box.  Mulberry flowers were arranged on top of a Martha Stewart punched design.  I really love working with these flowers. Some vellum leaves I made, and a few green sprigs from a MS punch, were added under the flowers.  Yellow vellum butterflies, from a MS punch, were added.  Pink pearls from Kaiser Crafts were added.  All these supplies are from Joan's Gardens.

A birthday greeting from one of the new JustRite stamp sets "Birthday Centers" and a border from the "10 Designer Centers and Borders" was stamped using black ink on yellow card stock.  It was cut out with a Nestability.  The edge of the lid has lace I received from a great friend (Thanks Eileen).  A piece of narrow yellow twine was added to the top of the lace with ScorTape to bring out the yellow to the sides. 

The box is filled with a variety of 5.5" square cards.  I know she will love this gift so now I'm off to get it in the mail.

Thanks for visiting again today.

17 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is amazing! No you are the amazing one. How anyone can have this much talent!!!! Girl, every thing you make is breath taking!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Everything Olga said! You have one lucky sister... I'm sure she will cherish it!

Anonymous said...

I think you should make a bunch of these and then create your own web site and sell them. They are beautiful.

CraftinGranny said...

Oh wow Selma, this is stunning and with the cards added will really be a treasured gift for her. She will love it!!! Your work is always amazing and beautiful and I so love visiting your blog.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma, you sister is one of the luckiest women in the world to have a sister like you!!! She is going to love her gift. You did a beautiful job on her gift. Can't wait to hear what she has to say about it! (I hope she doesn't follow your blog! LOL) Patty

Brenda said...

Oh Selma this is breathtakingly beautiful! I am glad you are back and posting your beautiful creations. You were missed. I am so happy for you that you have a great trip and that you were able to met up with Pam and spend a day together.
Hugs

P.S. Thank you for the sweet comment and the congrats. I am a bit nervous but super excited at the same time.

AKiteFlier said...

ACK gorgeous beyond words Selma - I LOVE LOVE LOVE those flowers. What a lovely gift for your sister!

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi Selma - trying to catch up on all I've missed since away - OMG - this box is another beauty and the cards you've made to go in it are breathtaking!! love what you do with the Just Rite stamps (which I dont have - will have to try them!) always love looking and drooling over your creations!!!

Colleen said...

Selma,
This box would be a great gift in and of itself, and you say you are filling it with your amazing cards as well :) That is one lucky sister you have.

Judy Covey said...

Selma, your decorated card box is absolutely amazing girl! You are getting to be the Queen of flower making! What a lucky sister you have, and I'm sure that you are equally lucky to have her too. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your newest creation each day.

Making Cards With Crafty Sue said...

Another stunner Selma, can I be your sister?

thanks for sharing

Susan

Anonymous said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Wow! I just can't believe you just keep coming up with the most beautiful creations. Keep it up Selma. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I guess I'd say "ditto" to what everyone else said. VERY PRETTY!

Dianna said...

Selma,

This has got to be the most stunning item, I have ever seen made by anyone. I love everything about this box. The flowers are so beautiful, and the colors you chose are just dreamy. I wish I was your sister. She will just love this gift.

Dianna

Kevin Renz said...

Gorgeous ensemble! Thanks for joining us for CIC this month.

Mary Gutierrez said...

Selma...are you sure we're not related? OMG...what a lucky sister. Every morning I look forward to seeing your beautiful work....you're so inspirational

Mary said...

Selma...are you sure we're not sisters? What a gorgeous box!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails