Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mariposa Thank You Card





Today I made a card using beautiful paper from the "Mariposa" paper stack that I purchased from Joan's Gardens.  OMG, this has the most beautiful papers in it. Have you seen this paper?   I am sure you would love every page in this pad. They are so pretty I actually didn't want to use them but I can always buy more -- right!  These papers are so beautiful by themselves that you really don't need to add much stamping. 

I cut off the design from one of the corners from this page and attached it to ivory card stock.  My card is 5.5" square and the paper is 8x8".   I wanted to add some dimension to the card so cut out the butterflies and one of the flowers from another piece and attached them with dimensional tape.  After I cut them out I inked around the edges of each cut out piece with matching Chalk Ink so the cut white edges didn't show.  I used a verse from the JustRite "Just A Note" stamp set in the upper right corner.  It was stamped with black Memento ink and cut out with a circle Nestie.  The border was stamped on another piece of cs and cut out a scallop edge circle Nestie.  There is dimensional tape between each layer.  Four black rhinestones were add to the design to complete the card. With the rest of the paper from this page I decorated the inside of the card but failed to take a picture.

I apologize for the poor quality of pictures.  We have very cloudy weather and just can't seem to get a nice sharp picture showing the beautiful color.  If I knew more about PhotoShop I'm sure I could probably sharpen the color, but I don't know how to do that.  

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  I went out to lunch with my daughter today and now I plan to get in some more stamping this afternoon.

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

How beautiful is that paper, and you have made such a beautiful card....

Betty Benton said...

Stunning paper! Wow!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So elegant! Love the butterflies!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh wow Selma - this is beautiful!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Wow Selma, this is beautiful!!!
I love that paper too!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just bought this paper in a Matstack from JoAnn's. The card you made is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails