Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Explore, Dream, Discover






What a busy time of year!   I have been behind on keeping up with my postings but I have a lot of company and find it very hard to find time to stamp.  This year the last week of December is especially busy.   Lots of fun going on. 

Gina K has posted the December Customer Blog Hop and I wanted to participate.  The only requirement is to use one of the Gina K Designs  newly released stamp sets.  One of the new sets I ordered was "Life Is Good" by Theresa Momber. This is my first card made with this great set.   I decided to create a scene using the train and background scenery. 

I used a piece of designer paper in the background.  The trees and pond was stamped using black Memento ink onto a piece of white cs.  The trees and rocks were colored with Copic markers.  I used sponge daubers to color the sky and pond.  VersaMark ink was used on the pond then it was clear embossed to look like water.  Snow was then stamped and white embossed over the scene. Polar White Flower Soft was added to give the feel of real snow on the ground.   The train was stamped and colored with Copic markers then cut out.  A white oval frame that was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder was attached with dimensionals above the scene.  The train was added with dimensionals.  A narrow blue frame was cut to make a border around the design.  The greeting is part of the stamp set and was mounted on blue and also attached with dimensionals.  Some snowflakes were added in the corner to finish the scene.  This card measures 5x7 inches and does not require extra postage.

Be sure to go over the Gina's Blog to see all the other entries in the December Customer Blog Hop and leave a comment as you visit each blog. 

I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas.  I will be posting my Blast From The Past Challenge on Christmas Day so be sure to check back. 

22 comments:

Melanie said...

beautiful Selma!!! :)

Lagene said...

Beautiful card! Your layering is wonderful!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous Selma! A wonderful scene you have created. I love all the layers.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Totally awesome! Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!
Hugs Patti

craftieodmae said...

Sounds like you are one busy lady but having fun and enjoying family! Your card is adorable! Reminds me of the Christmas movie Polar Express, love that movie.....Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Don't think I forgot anything,

slbt17 said...

very pretty!
Enjoy!
Sandra

Jessie said...

What a magical card, love it! Happy Christmas, birthday and anniversary!

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this is beautiful!!! Great job. TFS

Betty Benton said...

Fantastic card, Selma!! Here's a "third" to Patti & Olga's greetings!! Enjoy them all!

Nana Griffin said...

This is beautiful. Congratulations on your 50th.

Carol said...

Beautiful card, Selma! I just love this set from Theresa, but then there isn't a set that she has done that I don't like! Sounds like you will have a wonderfully joyous, busy week at your house! Happy Everything!!

Cheri said...

Selma! This is a gorgeous card! You truly are the queen of inspriation.

Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! I always love to check out your blog everyday just to see what you have done today!

Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Jackie

Nana Griffin said...

Selma, I was wondering what size card this was and forgot to ask in my previous post so if you have time I would love to hear. Thanks.

Selma said...

This card measures 5x7 inches. It does not require extra postage.

jean w. said...

Selma I so enjoy your cards and wish you a happy birthday, anniversary and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Jean W.

Scrapacat said...

Oh wow! Just stunning! I love how the islands go so well with the train, and your coloring is terrific. Great card!
~ky

Janice M said...

Awesome scene you created Selma!!

Tami Grandi said...

LOVE this scene!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Another so gorgeous card!! It just pops out at me! Great job my friend.

Nina said...

OH MY! I soo love this, it is sooo wonderful and I love the window effect to it. stunning!!

Eva van Buuren said...

Selma, I also LOVE your "Old" cards!!
This one is amazing, seems like a Winter Dream

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails