Friday, September 4, 2009

Autumn Beauty Shadow Box

I'm am so excited because I just received my new stamps from Gina K Designs. I am really excited about this set designed by Theresa Momber. The name of this set is "Autumn Beauty" and that is what it really is. OMG, there is so much to work with in this set. You must check it out here. Theresa even designed Digi paper to go with this set. This one is called "Golden" and works so well for my design.

There are so many things in this set I wanted to use and couldn't make up my mind, so I decided if I made a Shadow Box card, I could use lots of different stamps. Shadow Boxes are so easy to make and so fun to work with. My finished card will fit into an A-2 envelope. I started out with two 5-inch squares and scored at 1/2 inch and 1-inch on each end of all four squares. This gave me my shadow box. I forgot to tell you that I first printed off the "Golden" digital paper on a piece of card stock and that is what is used for the top. The bottom is a piece of white card stock.

I stamped a cornstalk using direct to rubber with two colors of ink pads then lightly colored in with Copic markers. I wanted my cornstalks to look dry, not green. I also stamped another one the same way and cut it out. All the other designs were stamped and colored with Copic markers and also cut out. It doesn't show up very well, but I used a sponge dauber and light blue ink to create clouds in the background.

I used a Classic Oval Nestability to cut out the oval in my top piece plus I cut out a piece of Close to Cocoa to fit inside the shadow box. They were cut at the same time. The brown piece was attached to the bottom over the stamped cornstalk with dimensional tap. I then layered the other cornstalk, scarecrow and pumpkins inside the shadow box. A piece of So Saffron card stock was punched out, sponged around the edges for the sun. All the pieces were added using dimensional tape. The mailbox, two sets of pumpkins, and sunflowers were added on the outside of the box. There is a lot of dimension to this card.

Have you ever made a Shadow Box card? I have to admit this card took me longer than most to make, but it was worth it. I love this stamp set, and I'm sure you will too!

I have some beautiful apples sitting on my kitchen counter. All this fall stuff has made me decide to go make an apple pie. I'm sure my family will love me for this! Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Ooooooh Selma this is magnificent - truly. I was working on a similar idea for my guest designer project but I think now I'll change it up. The more I see ideas with Autumn Beauty the more difficult it is to find a "new" idea. You did a fabulous card. YES I have made shadow boxes before. This is one of my favorite sets, ever.

A Consuming Passion said...

Outstanding card Selma - so much to look at whoever receives this one will be entranced with all the detail!
I've never tried a shadow box card - perhaps it's time!
How was the Apple Pie?? mmm my favourite desert.

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh wow! Selma it is wonderful!!! I have her set on my wish list...also, never done a shadow box card before - going to use your directions and try it! you did a beautiful job on this...lol
Linda

craftieodmae said...

this is so gorgeous! Man you really outdone your self. I got this set this week also, there is so much you can do with it.

Dianna said...

Hi Selma,

This card is so darn cute. I love the scarecrown, and the many pumpkins add so much to the card.

I don't think I have ever made shadow boxes, have I?

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails