Friday, August 7, 2009

Thanks for the Memories

I am so excited. My StampTV kit arrived this afternoon. I was so excited to receive it that I went out to meet the mail lady. She saw the big smile on my face and said she could tell this was a package I was excited to receive. The name of this kit is "Signs of Autumn" available from Gina K Designs. This is the third kit I have received from Gina K and each one has been fabulous. You receive two stamp sets, card stock, designer paper, lots of ribbon and brads. Everything you need to make beautiful cards. Everything I have used on this card is from the kit with the exception of some of the card stock for the leaves and the leaf punch.

I stamped the sunflowers with Memento black ink on Gina's Pure Luxury White card stock and colored them with Copic markers. I then stamped it again and after coloring just the flowers, cut them out and added them with dimensionals on top of the other ones. The background was lightly chalked with yellow. I cut the frames out with Oval Nesties. The pumpkins were stamped with Vivid brown ink and also colored with Copics. Again, I stamped the design twice so I could cut out the front pumpkin and attach it on a dimensional. I added the pumpkins over the bottom of the sunflowers. I thought the pumpkins need to be "grounded" so added some punched leaves.

A piece of ribbon from the StampTV kit was added across the middle and a brad, also in the kit, was added on each end. The verse is from the other stamp set in the kit called "Thanks A Million!". There are ten verses in this set. The background designer paper is beautiful with these fall images and again, is included in the kit.

I have a dear friend who will be 91 years old in a few months. I am going to be sending this card to her. We have so many wonderful memories. I hope she will like it.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

My first visit to your blog, Selma and what beautiful work ! Am so glad to have found you !

inkedx2 said...

Selma ~ Beautiful card. TFS

Robbie

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Card Selma, can't wait for mine to arrive it's on it's way but I have to allow a week!!Just off to email you re watermark. Sue

Dianna said...

Selma,

What a beautiful card to welcome in the fall and harvest season. The stamp set must really be nice, I can see why you were happy to get it.

Dianna

Nana Griffin said...

I just love your work. Ever since I found your site I can't wait to check it out every day. What a beautiful autumn card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails