Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday. He is an avid golfer so naturally I had to make a "golf" birthday card. Gina did a StampTV tutorial today on how to ink a Cuttlebug embossing folder. She made a beautiful card and her technique is easier than what I have done in the past. You can watch her video here. I loved the card she made and thought this would be the perfect background for my card.

I used the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder, Vanilla card stock and Sahara Sand ink pad. Gina did this with a small ink pad and I think it would work much better but I didn't have a soft neutral color, in a small pad, so used a regular size pad and a brayer. Don't you love the way this technique brings out the texture of the embossing! I mounted it on Night of Navy card stock.

I stamped the golf bag (retired from SU) with black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. The reason I use Memento ink is because the ink does not smear when using the Copic markers. You can use other inks, but you usually need to heat set them first. I used a silver Copic's glitter pen on the head of the golf clubs to make them look like metal. After getting it colored, I cut the image out. I used the Long Rectangle Nestabilities to cut out a Sahara Sand card stock frame. I mounted that with dimensionals onto a piece of Night of Navy card stock.

The "Happy Birthday" is from SU. I cut it out using a the SU Word Window Punch. I added two brads in the tag and mounted it on dimensionals. The golf club is an embellishment I have had for a while and decided to add it to this card for more dimension. I used Scor-Tape to attach it. I then stamped three golf balls using VersaMark and Detail White Embossing Powder.

The inside of this card holds a gift certificate for him to go play at a very nice golf course he has been wanting to go to. We will be having a special dinner and party tonight.


6 comments:

craftieodamae said...

What a wonderful gift, he's lucky to have you and you him! Enjoy your dinner........

"Tillymint" said...

Happy Birthday Mr Stevenson!!!!
What a wonderful card Selma - love that embossing.
Hope you have/had a lovely evening!!!

Patti said...

This is awesome Selma!My DH is also an avid golfer!

Payne Holler Cards said...

perfect! he's gonna love it lol
Happy Hubby's B-Day
Linda

Sharri Seffens said...

Selma, This is wonderful! I hope you had a wonderful evening!

Stampin' Pam said...

This is beautiful but it's not as great as the one you sent me!!! (Maybe we women appreciate the effort that goes into homemade cards!!!) What a lovely gift for your DH though! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails