Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Wow, this month has gone by really fast. This is my last posting as Melanie Muenchinger's Guest Designer for her stamp set "Arranged With Love". It has been so much fun to work with her. As you all know, I love creating cards with flowers and Arranged with Love and A Year of Flowers has endless possibilities. It has been a great honor to design for Melanie using two of my favorite stamp sets. THANK YOU Melanie for giving me this opportunity.
Can you tell that today's card is layered under Acetate? This card is 5 1/2 inches square. I first cut a piece of acetate 5 1/2 inches by 11 inches and folded it in half. You need to use a bone folder to get a good crease.
The floral image was embossed with Detail White Embossing Powder. I purchased it from Gina K Designs. I used VersaMark ink to stamp on Vellum card stock. I love working with Detail embossing powder because it gives you such clear lines. The butterfly was also embossed the same way then cut out.
To color the image, I used markers to color on the back of the design. For the roses, I used Pretty in Pink then highlighted with Positively Pink then went back with the Pretty In Pink marker to blend the colors. When you are working on vellum, it takes a little while for the ink to dry so it gives you plenty of time to do this. I used Lavender Lace and Lovely Lilac for the purple flowers and Barely Banana and Summer Sun on the lillies, which are hard to see because they are below the butterfly. The butterfly is from Gina K's "Take Flight" stamp set. I used Certainly Celery and a little Old Olive for the leaves. On the butterfly I used a retired color, Mauve Mist. For the background I used Barely Banana leaving the tag white. It is a little hard to see the verse in the photo, but it shows up ok on the card.
The card inside the acetate is White card stock. The backside of the card is attached to the acetate with a couple of pieces of ScoreTape. Since the design was stamped on Vellum card stock, I ran a piece of white card stock through my Xyron machine to get an even coating of adhesive. I then laid the back of the vellum down on the adhesive starting in the middle and rubbing out to the edges. This gave the design more stability. The other reason I did this was because I wanted the design mounted on white rather than the pink from the designer paper. This piece was then attached to a piece of pink designer paper from the BitterSweet Basic Grey Paper Pad. On the top of the acetate, I used a SU rub-on for the vine on the left side. Pearls were added on top of the acetate on the rub-on and over the corners of the stamped design and on one corner of the tag. The butterfly adds dimension on top of the acetate. It is mounted with dimensional tape.
I really like the softness of this card. The acetate seems to give it some additional elegance.
Melanie is featuring a card on her blog today that I had so much fun making. It is a pop-up card. Several of the roses actually pop up when you open the card. I used all three coordinating sets for that card: Arranged With Love, A Year of Flowers, and Say It With Flowers.
I hope you have enjoyed all the different ideas we have featured using this set. I would love for you to come back to my blog and let me know which idea you liked the most. Just leave a comment at the bottom of this post. I will be anxious to read your replies.
Thanks for visiting. Have a great day.