Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Beautiful Day

This has been a beautiful day for me. I had my last eye checkup since my surgery and everything has healed well -- hooray!!! I had had a few complications but it is all great now! I got to order my new glasses so soon I will be able to see much better up close. My vision is now 20/20 in both eyes for distance. I hated having my eye appointment today because I knew my new GinaK stamps would be arriving. I ordered all the new sets and have been so excited to receive them. These are all fabulous sets -- I didn't know where to begin but you guessed it -- the first one I stamped was a FLOWER! I have to admit though, it was a tough decision as to where to start. If you haven't seen these new sets, check them out here: http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/category.sc?categoryId=16.

This flower is from the new Showtime Stamp Kit, "Eclectic Summer". I love every stamp in this kit. The verse is also from that kit in the Eclectic Summer Sayings. I think this is such a beautiful verse and so excited to have it in my collection now. The flowers were colored with colored pencils and OMS. The center of the flower was colored by using a small sponge dauber and Barely Banana ink. The dauber is exactly the size of this center so I just swirled it around in the center. So quick and easy. The cardstock used is Pink Pirouette and Basic Black. The pink was embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and the black border was made using a Martha Stewart Punch. The Labels Four Nestability die was used for the frame. Before removing it I sponged on Certainly Celery around the edges. The designer paper is from the Porcelain Paper pad by Basic Grey. The white flat back pearls, by Kaiser, were purchased from Joan's Gardens. The ribbon was a scrap from my ribbon box.

Now I'm off to cut out the rest of my new stamps!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Another fabulous card Selma. I love how you use flowers, they are always beautiful. I can't wait until my set gets here.TFS

Dianna said...

Selma,

Well, you have done it again. Another beautiful flowery creation. Your talent continues to awe me. Great Job.


Dianna

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this card is stunning. Your new stamps are beautiful and you have done a terrific job using them.

I love the papers and embellishmens you have chosen too! And, you can never go wrong with the Nesties. Great job!

Joan

Judy Covey said...

Selma, this card is outstanding! Absolutely love the colors that you chose and the whole design of the card.

Sharri said...

Selma, This is gorgeous! Beautiful layout and embellies!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is so beautiful Selma. I love the shading in your flowers. :)

NinaB said...

I would have probably inked that first, too. I just love that huge flower,easier to cut around. Your card, as usual, is beautiful. I'm so glad I found your blog, Selma. I'll be visiting often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails